75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Which Airbus package to buy?

Good evening all,
    Well, I have not posted on here for years! I doubt I made much of a splash in 2010 either but I was an A320/330 driver and I scratch built a fairly shoddy thing in my tiny house. Several years, an engagement and house move later, I find myself with space and budget to begin Cockpit Mark 3! Which is very exciting to me, to say the least. Since I am a little out of touch I am wondering what Airbus to use for this. I will probably use FSX but Xplane 11 is out next month and I intend to get that too for testing purposes. Open to suggestions on either system.

In my original setup I used the Wilco Airbus which seemed to be the only contender at the time. Not to say it was good though... I have flown the excellent Aerosoft X but the screens are not undockable so I cannot interface it. Unless - there is another way to get the screens undocked or generated? Please don't tell me that I am going to end up back in a Wilco Airbus! Surely there is a better option out there??

I don't have any construction under way yet (probably early summer) and I am still in the research phase for this improved cockpit. I'm planning to use Bodnar boards, Mobiflight for outputs (that looks excellent) and prefer to make my own panels. Working on plans to make them much better than last time. If Mark from Almost Aviation is on here, your series on YouTube has been a real boost and inspiration.

Thank you all for your time. CAVOK to you all!

Nigel aka EIN075.
    I can't see the light but I think I found the tunnel...
    www.shamrock075.webs.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Which Airbus package to buy?

Yes -

Jeehell FMGS (free for non-commercial use) -- excellent support and JL is always open to suggestions. There is a download link in this forum.

Prosim A320 (commercial) - Will be released January 2017. Most likely there will be a 10-20 minute trial limitation like their 737 software program.

FSL A320 Professional (in development) - the FSX version has been released. Excellent simulation of the systems and the 'PMDG' for the Airbus fans. P3D version should be released in a few weeks/months, professional version with hardware support - who knows?

I would go with Jeehell FMGS at this stage as you don't need to 'buy' it and the others are not released yet

Regards,

Ben
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

3. Thanks NigelD thanked for this post
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Hi Nigel, it has been a while! I do remember you active in the forums some years back.
    Great to have you back with us, they always say the bug never goes away.

To echo what Ben said, in January ProSim will be releasing the A320 avionics suite which will be good.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

5. Thanks NigelD thanked for this post
    75+ Posting Member

Thanks for the replies folks! I'll take a look at all of these.
    You are right, Geremy, it doesn't go away at all! I ran out of space and needed a break when I dismantled my previous project. Now I can do it better! I plan do YouTube the project as it goes along.

Nigel.
    www.shamrock075.webs.com

75+ Posting Member

Jeehell is amazing! I've been through the manual and installed it. This is genius...

One question not in the manual - should I see it as a selectable aircraft in FSX? I don't ! I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how to start a flight with this!
    www.shamrock075.webs.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Move the aircraft in the FMGS install folder to the simobject\aircraft folder if you don't already see it. With P3D it is automated.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

9. Thanks NigelD thanked for this post