Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: JL FMGS new intercom module

Hi Jeehell
    I tried to config the Intercomm. I have a headset for the CPT-side and I will hear the P3D ATC. So I have create a virtuel cabel for the P3d ATC out. The virtuel output I set as externel radio in. But I can't hear the ATC. What I doing wrong?

Regards Guido
    Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Did you adjust the settings on the ACP?
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

Yes, I have all turned on and the VHF 1 full open. The VOR 1 and 2 can I hear, but no VHF.

I have now ordered the Flight Sound X USB adapter -- https://www.flightsounds.com/fsx

Expensive, but the alternative is to build your own if you have the electronic ability and knowledge.

The USB adapter has its own sound card built in and does not require a battery. I also purchased an adapter to convert the XLR-5 to dual GA plugs -- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252619447381

In the future the simulator should have direct XLR-5 plugs built into the interior liners and we will have to find a way to wire to the Flight Sound X usb adapter.

As Jean Luc has programmed this wonderful intercom program we can make use of the software, and in the near future when we have acquired ACP (audio control panels), wire the pots to directly control volume with the headset.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Hello, I am in the planning stages of getting the intercom system setup along with Vatsim (vpilot).

It is to my understanding the Jeehell intercomm modules should be map to the following:

CPT Hand Mike : This is the captain mike which sits on the sidestick console
    CPT Headset Mike : This is the headset microphone
    CPT Headset phone : This is the headset output (audio) device
    CPT Main Speaker: This is the Captain Loudspeaker (see attached diagram)

From what I have been reading from other users your ATC program should utilize another sound card device, or a 'virtual' sound card.

External Radio in: ? map to a mic input which is also used by the ATC program such as vpilot?
    External Radio out: ? maps to the speaker output which is used by the ATC program?

From my trials voice can only be heard on the other headsets when the PTT button is pressed (assigned with FMGS_Configure)?

E.g. Captain speaks when pressing down the PTT on the captain sidestick PTT. FO can hear the captain on the headset.

Turning off squelch prevents any audio transmission from the headsets.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    From what I have been reading from other users your ATC program should utilize another sound card device, or a 'virtual' sound card.

External Radio in: ? map to a mic input which is also used by the ATC program such as vpilot?
    External Radio out: ? maps to the speaker output which is used by the ATC program?

From my trials voice can only be heard on the other headsets when the PTT button is pressed (assigned with FMGS_Configure)?
    If you use another sound card, you in fact must wire (with real jacks) the output from ATC soft to the radio input in the intercom.
    It is much more efficient to use a virtual audio device here.

E.g. Captain speaks when pressing down the PTT on the captain sidestick PTT. FO can hear the captain on the headset.
    If the ACP RADIO/NEUTRAL/INT toggle is on INT position, then the headset mike is always live on the INT channel, which means the other pilot's ACP should just need to have teh INT reception channel ON.

JL

Thanks JL -- I've done some tests --

It seems INT, Neutral, Rad switch does not change any parameters -- the mic still us unable to be heard over the intercom.

However the FO can hear the Captain if the INT switch (below MECH pb) is activated.

Several other (?bugs) I've noticed with the RMP software panels --

If you start the RMP after FMGS loads, they do not work. You must put RMP1 & RMP2 in your starter.ini

The ACP 'about' menu always displays a 'Not Connected to FMGS server' even though it is connected.

I will continue testing.

Regards.

It seems INT, Neutral, Rad switch does not change any parameters -- the mic still us unable to be heard over the intercom.

However the FO can hear the Captain if the INT switch (below MECH pb) is activated.
    In any case, the reception channel MUST be ON (pot with light ON) to receive any sound on INT channel... The toggle on INT position jsut makes the headset mike (and only the headset one) live on the INT channel.

If you start the RMP after FMGS loads, they do not work. You must put RMP1 & RMP2 in your starter.ini
    If you start the applications manually, you must make you use administrator rights.

JL

25+ Posting Member

...posting moved to "A320 FMGS B46"

Hello, the following is a good (?bad) real life video of the microphones in the INT position. Okay, its also flying into my home city of Sydney so props for that

I've received my Flight Sim X adapter which is true plug and play. Time to figure out how to interface it all together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast