Thread: A320 FMGS B46

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B46

Hi and happy new year!
    During last vacations I've read a book of Mike Ray, this one: http://www.utem.com/shop/index.php?l...ct_detail&p=13

So, I've found 4 things among others, that couldn't reproduced in JeeHell FMGS. Is captain Mike right or no?
    Here they are:

When A/SKID & N/W STRG switch is off, the message BRAKE ANTI SKID/NWS… OFF should appear on ECAM. (I rechecked it, it's OK)

2. 30 seconds after ENG MASTER switch is ON, message IGNITION should appear on ECAM, until N2 reaches 43%.

3. If the ground spoilers are extended when I arm the auto brakes, the auto brakes will activate immediately.

4. If I hold A/THR for more than 15 seconds A/THR will be inoperative for the rest of the flight.

5. When flaps 1 is selected for takeoff (1 + F), flaps automatically retract to 0 at 210 Knots.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

1. This should work -- prior to push back I turn A/SKID & N/W STRG and get the ECAM warning.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    1. This should work -- prior to push back I turn A/SKID & N/W STRG and get the ECAM warning.
    Turn it off and get the msg? Mine doesn't. I recheck it.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Hello,

I also have sometimes no ecam warning prior pushback and i havent figured out why. Maybe there is a specific condition necessary. But if engines are running ( brake pressure available) the ecam warning is always available.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    I haven't tried FMGS for a few months -- still rebuilding the flight deck. It may have worked with a prior version? If this does not work perhaps JL can look into it.

Regards,

Ben
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    I haven't tried FMGS for a few months -- still rebuilding the flight deck. It may have worked with a prior version? If this does not work perhaps JL can look into it.

Regards,

Ben
    I haven't test it in previous version. I'm sure that JL has answers about them.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi

I do not know what's happening on your setup. But you can try the following two options:

1) Easy option: keep the JeeHell_IIT.dll, interfaceITAPI.dll and IIT.dnt files from your b45.3 install, and overwrite the new files put in your b46 install (these files are in the hardware modules folder, but you know that I think).

2) Hard option: keep the 46 original files, but delete your old IIT.dnt (well keep a backup of course...) and start a full SW assignment from scratch

I also have recently made an alternative FDS driver : http://www.jeehell.org/JeeHell_IIT_V2.zip
    But it means option 2 with this new interface (removing the older driver first from hardware module folder of course).
    Hi JL,

so after another weekend of update and testing I can report positiv news:

I have choosen option 2 : I have used your new FDS driver and I have defined all variables again. Further I have used the new hw driver from your second post and all FDS hardware is working stable now. There is no more "ENG IDG Disconnect" and the startup of the flightdeck is "nearly" the same and without crash of the "hw connect driver"..

So in summery it seems that there were problems with update of the old config and unstable hw driver which will lead in some troubles under new timing properties (or what ever).

I have some problems with ND display but I will open a separate thread for that.

Any thanks for your help !!

Robert

25+ Posting Member

Hello,

after update to B46 I will have some problems with nd display (display of arc as some other users allready mentioned in this thread) which will be not only a minor problem beccause also the AP will not follow the path every time anymore.

So i.e. the AP will leave the route after takeoff of LOWS after the first turn during following a SID to RTT and start turning in an endless loop. Also after take-off on rw16 on lszh the plane left the route after takeoff. Same issue right after take-off of RW04R in LFMN.

I have also add some pic to see what I'm meaning.

I have tested 4 different take offs and 3 of them failed right after a short time . If I set to the next waypoint via "Dir To" in the MCDU the plane will follow the new path to the selected point. Does anybody else have the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

I was trying ILS 02 VVCR. In real life, pilot arm LOC only and use managed descend/or fpa -3.5 degree down to FAF and then arm APPR for G/S.

in FMGS, I set FCU alt. 2200 feet (FAF), push managed descend, however the plane descend (DES) from 5900f to 4400 feet, FMA shown ALT CST * then it level off with no further descend.

Could you please try this procedure and confirm it is a defect ?
    VVTS VVCR ILS 02 via D227W

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

75+ Posting Member

Hello masterp,
    I can not confirm the behavior at the approch on rwy 02 VVCR in my simulator. I have made some trips to the RWY 02 over D227W from different directions as you described it. On all this trips I had no restriction at 4400 ft. The only thing what is not true on my simulator is the runway, with the ILS glight path I am at least 100 meters too far to the left of the track! Do you have current Nav data?
    Greetings Peter