Thread: A320 FMGS B46

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B46

The five issues are finally just 3.5

1. When A/SKID & N/W STRG switch is off, the message BRAKE ANTI SKID/NWS… OFF should appear on ECAM. (It's OK)

2. 30 seconds after ENG MASTER switch is ON, message IGNITION should appear on ECAM, until N2 reaches 43%.

3. If the ground spoilers are extended when I arm the auto brakes, the auto brakes will activate immediately.

4. If I hold A/THR for more than 15 seconds A/THR will be inoperative for the rest of the flight.

5. When flaps 1 is selected for takeoff (1 + F), flaps automatically retract to 0 at 210 Knots. (It's working BUT retracks from 1+F to 1 NOT to 0...)

25+ Posting Member

Hyi Leonidas!

Please see:
    2. 30 seconds after ENG MASTER switch is ON, message IGNITION should appear on ECAM, until N2 reaches 43%.
    No, ignition is switched on at 16% N2, JL is correct.

5. When flaps 1 is selected for takeoff (1 + F), flaps automatically retract to 0 at 210 Knots. (It's working BUT retracks from 1+F to 1 NOT to 0...)
    It is called "auto flap retraction", so flaps retract and slats remain out, absolute correct in JL.

@masterp:
    After FAP/FAF, there is no managed descent. From there, all approaches modes are to be used. So ILS is always the physical ILS and never a databased ILS, same for LOC. Only approaches flown in FINAL APP (armed via the appr p/b) have vertical managed guidance.
    That means: VOR, NDB and RNAV/GNSS approaches could be flown in this mode (if available in the MCDU).

Kind regards
    Michael

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Migelito View Post
    Hyi Leonidas!
    Please see:
    No, ignition is switched on at 16% N2, JL is correct.
    It is called "auto flap retraction", so flaps retract and slats remain out, absolute correct in JL.
    Michael
    2. IGNITION never appears on ND. Not only at 16% N2. Is this right?
    5. Maybe Mike Ray wrote about older versions. I don't know...

Thanks Michael

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi

@Leonidas, Mike Ray's book is probably a bit outdated. IT can refer to very old versions of the A/C, and maybe also to IAE engines.
    2. Ignition indication is not shown on EWD during start (only in case of contunuous ignition, which is a special case). It is only shown on SD ENG page with the letter A or B depending on which igniter is on.

5. No he probably made a typo. I confirm flaps auto retract from 1+F to 1 at 210 kts. Otherwise you'd be below the green dot which is not good.

@Masterp: you have constraint inserted in your FPLN, this is either a pilot input or a navdata CSTR. In any case, this is not a software issue, if you fly in DES mode, it will level off at CSTRs (magenta).

5. Thanks Leonidas thanked for this post

Thank you guys for testing. Yes I have latest NavData, and constrains are from nav data.
    I recorded below video, so you can see with the LOC Green, the plane disregarded the next way-point's constrain.
    You can see on ND top right, it stops at D198O (+4430f), with LOC green, the next waypoint (D198M - 4110f) is not reached.
    So I think the problem here is the Flightplan can not sequenced itself after LOC captured.

https://youtu.be/Y7NTVQblVP8

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Regarding flaps and stats retraction, I found this in another airbus forum:

"1. When in Config 1+F, flaps (only) retract to 0° at 210 kts2. When in Config 1, the flaps extend automatically to 10° at 100kt
    3. And then there's Alpha Lock which inhibits slats retraction at high AOAs."
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

8. Likes Leonidas liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterp View Post
    Thank you guys for testing. Yes I have latest NavData, and constrains are from nav data.
    I recorded below video, so you can see with the LOC Green, the plane disregarded the next way-point's constrain.
    You can see on ND top right, it stops at D198O (+4430f), with LOC green, the next waypoint (D198M - 4110f) is not reached.
    So I think the problem here is the Flightplan can not sequenced itself after LOC captured.

https://youtu.be/Y7NTVQblVP8
    Hello Masterp!
    Now I understand what you mean:
    A managed vertical mode needs always a managed lateral mode. So if you go out of NAV (and that happens exactly at LOC*), you cannot have a managed vertical mode anymore. A mode reversion happens. So correctly the new mode should be ALT (and the armed blue DES should disappear) and the magenta altitude on PFD should be replaced by the alt set on the FCU (and that in blue). If actual altitude is the same as altitude on the FCU, no alt preselect is shown on PFD.

So fly the same approach in NAV. Arm LOC after reaching FAF intercept altitude (the latest altitude in the row). Than it should work.

Kind regards
    Michael
    Last edited by Migelito; 01-20-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: writing mistakes

Hi Michael and JL,
    i reupload my video inHD
    https://youtu.be/4CCOl7WJ3WE
    I think LOC and vertical managed descend are separated. Even the plan does not follow when LOC captured, but the fpln still should be sequenced and DES mode still can be armed and captured.
    I attached the fcom A321 i think a320 is the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also I tried use NAV and DES for approach until fap, and the fma shown ALT CST /NAV the aircraft descend quite well on profile(constrains) until 10 nm with config2 , it level off to decelarate and then I was too high for the approach. Gear down and AP off for landing .
    i may try another RNP approach to see how it goes and report later.

25+ Posting Member

Hyi masterp!

Thanks for HD, much better now.
    1.) You are right, managed descent is possible in LOC/LOC*, I never realised that.
    But:
    2.) After passing FAF/FAP (caracterised by the approach angle on the FPLN in MCDU, in your case at 4430ft on your IAC) there is no managed descent anymore ("Loss of vertical flight path validity"). The final approach can only be flown managed if you have a VOR ,NDB or RNAV approach selected in your MCDU and the FINAL APP is armed (via the APPR pushbutton on the FCU). You selected an ILS approach, which requires a physical LOC and GS beam. Same for localizer approach with LOC beam, where the vertical guidance calls for FPA (or V/S if you are funny).
    So as you did not engage FPA or V/S at FAF, the a/c remained in the managed descent and correctly did nothing.
    3.) Only thing is that the FMGC should continue to sequence the FPLN, which did not occur.

Kind regards
    Michael
    Last edited by Migelito; 01-21-2017 at 04:13 AM. Reason: added few words for transparency