75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Lightbulb Building motion platform, how it done step by step, !!! please help !!!!

hi guys....

i need to start to build my own motion platform to use it with my home cockpit,,, to be honest, i dont know from where to began, i've searched so many forums to found guide to put me on the way to start building step by step, but nothing help, also i've posted here a topic about, but the answers doesnt help, so now i need the help because really i want to start the job..... so anythng will be strongly helpful.

this platform will loads the weight of (250KG) at least (Two seats, the cockpit, OH panel and pedestal, the screens and all things..

i'll use oiled actuators in this platform.....
    anything to start with guys please

thx

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Building motion platform, how it done step by step, !!! please help !!!!

You will need to spend a lot of time researching this as it is a complicated task and you can make some expensive mistakes if you don't do your homework properly. Not sure what you mean by oiled actuators but a simpler cheaper method is to use electric motor/gearbox combinations for each motion. These are in the region of 1.5Kw each which means you won't need a 3 phase supply. You will need inverter drives to control them. You should make a complete design before you start e.g how to mount the motors height of platform, how much height is required when it is tilted fully, how to engineer the connecting arms from the motors, limit switches for end of travel, encoders for position feedback to the control system,what software to use and how will it connect to the inverters. Safe power control for the motors i.e mcbs. Emergency stop for safety. What will the platform be constructed of to support that weight over the area required as you need to keep "moving mass" to a minimum.
    Lots to study but all the info you need is out there. Just needs patience to find it.
    regards
    geoff

500+ This must be a daytime job

So, the answers to your previous post did not help

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29791

10+ Posting Member

Pnuematic air is the cheapest, queitest, and least expensive method.

757simulator.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi Fan of Flying -- I remember catching up a while ago -- was really interested in your method, ingenious.

Do you happen to have a video of your sim in motion?

Cheers,

Ben
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

300+ Forum Addict

Just look at https://www.xsimulator.net or the other one already mentioned,
    if you don`t want the off the shelf produkt.
    You will have loads of info ,
    regarding your total weight , if you have a complete airbus cockpit and including you weight ,
    I think you will have much more then 250 or 350 kgs,
    if you want to stay with airpower , look at loadlevelers for cars or custombuild systems for cars,
    and use instead of std valve high pressure ones the can lift more weight at higher speeds if you have the right compressor
    regards

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    Just look at https://www.xsimulator.net or the other one already mentioned,
    if you don`t want the off the shelf produkt.
    You will have loads of info ,
    regarding your total weight , if you have a complete airbus cockpit and including you weight ,
    I think you will have much more then 250 or 350 kgs,
    if you want to stay with airpower , look at loadlevelers for cars or custombuild systems for cars,
    and use instead of std valve high pressure ones the can lift more weight at higher speeds if you have the right compressor
    regards

I do not know the size of your simulator but there are so many options out there for motion control. A very inexpensive method, yet very realistic approach can be found here:

http://youtu.be/d6dvjz51eWU (Frightprops.com)