10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Arduino and Mobiflight

Hi,
    I have been looking at using an Arduino as part of my A320 sim and Mobiflight looks to be very good.

I have tried to register two email addresses with Mobiflight but have not received any activation emails in response. I have emailed info@mobiflight.de and info@mobiflight.com but no response so far. They could be busy or away from work but I just wondered if anyone here could confirm whether or not Mobiflight are still operating?

Thanks for any help.

Justin Doxey

25+ Posting Member

Re: Arduino and Mobiflight

Hi Justin,
    AFAIK - they are still going (although I suspect it's one guy doing it in his spare time The forums are fairly active. I don't know if you need to register to download the software.

I have had mixed success with MobiFlight, and I have found the learning curve is steep. I have found it great for switches, LEDs and encoders but had problems with 7-segment displays. These seem to work well with the default airbus on FSX/P3D.

Trying to use Jeehell, I have had no end of trouble with the 7-segs and can't get them to run reliably.

There is a new release promised soon (of MobiFlight), so I'm hoping it'll be fixed. Failing that, I think I'm going to have to roll up my sleeves and troll through the the code (another learning curve).

It shows great promise, but again we see what happens when niche enthusiasts put a whole lot of effort into their products for no gain - it's not fair to expect them to play nicely together - there are just too many variables.

I certainly wouldn't expect JL to be looking at MobiFlight integration ... nor do I expect Sebastian (I think that's his name) from MobiFlight to be spending all his time trying to get his baby working with JeeHell, although it's clear he does want it to.

It's the price we pay for realism, for realism and complexity go hand in hand

H
    Last edited by Hypnorm; 09-15-2016 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the reply and information.

You cannot download the application without registering so I will hang fire and see if I get an activation Email! I hope so, as it looks like a good program to experiment with.

Justin

150+ Forum Groupie

I'm using mobiflight with jeehell. I have 6 arduino megas meanwhile for encoders, buttons and LEDs. Works great!

Only for the 7 segment displays I am using arcaze boards, as there I can have different sizes and colours(MF only supports standard modules with 8 digits, as far as I know)

Michael