Thread: A320 simulator

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A320 simulator

Hi

I'm building my A320 cockpit, and I would like to ask you for advice on which A318/319/320 simulator is the best.

I have just bought the Aerosoft A318/319, but it does not have 2D popups, so I cannot put the displays of the PFD, ND, ECAM... on different monitors, as I would like to do...
    Ah, I'm using Prepar3D v3
    Thanks for your help.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Re: A320 simulator

Aerosoft X is very good for 'in the game' flight simulation, and it is honestly a very good add-on indeed, one of the best yet. However, its not very good for cockpit builders, as like you say you can't un-dock the the PFD/ND/ECAMS's etc. There is a way round it, however its a lot of work and editing and results are not very good. Other forums discuss this.

In terms of which flight model to go for, i'd highly recommend JeeHell A320 FMGS which uses Project Airbus. This is THE way to go for cockpit builders. The difference between the A319/320 etc is minimal and its very hard sometimes to tell them apart. Most or if all Airbus Type Rated Pilots will fly the 2, the main differences between them are the size of AC and extra seat rows.

The airline I work for has 319's in the summer and 320's in the winter, the 319 has 156 seats (rows 1-26) and the 320 has 180 seats (rows 1-30). The 320's serve the longer distance winter sun routes (4 hr flight time per sector approx) and the 319's serve our shorter haul routes (anything from 40 mins up to a couple of hours per sector at full loads). Obviously the takeoff V speeds etc are different in each.

So differences aside, go for the A320 with JeeHell FMGS. Good Luck with your project!

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

Hi, Let's wait for FSLab 320X, they confirmed they are developing the version for cockpit builder.
    It is the best Airbus software at the moment.
    The current version is 100$ and you can use FSDisplay for undock gauges on network's PCs.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

You have multiple A320 options

- jeehell fmgs
    - Prosim
    - FSL
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.