1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

In What Order Did You Build Your Sim?

I am curious to know (especially any A320 / 737 builders) in which order you started building your sim? The logical way to start is to start with your computer and screen setup, then expand, build an MIP, add switches etc and grow that way, and others build up downwards if that makes sence? (Frame and shell and then fill in the rest with panels, screens and hardware etc).

So to get a good thread going, how did you start yours (ie Computer/Mip/Pedestal/Overhead etc) and roughly how long it has taken you to get where you are now.

Regards

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

MyCockpit Support Staff

Re: In What Order Did You Build Your Sim?

Hi ALex,

Build your screen first and if possible setup your projectors, this is much easier than when the sim is in the way. Next should be your platform - a full size base with at least 200mm clearance below the floor for mechanicals if Boeing. Next work upwards - MIP stand, MIP, pedestal and seats. Next sidewalls and as much as you can before needing the overhead. Build the shell frame, windows and overhead support structure to complete it. Skin the shell if you like but no one really sees it and in my opinion it is unnecessary work that hinders access to wiring and rudder mechanicals etc.
    Many builders make a nice shell then discover how hard it is to work inside! Good luck with your build and remember that building is the hobby and flying is a nice little bonus!! Try to make it flyable asap to help maintain the enthusiasm and allow for a few years if you are going to go all the way!
    Cheers Gwyn (a professional supplier!)

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

500+ This must be a daytime job

Gwyn

Excellent advice.

David

Hi Gwyn,

Great advice here. I am not building anything as dramatic and full on as you have mentioned, but after a good few years away from the hobby, I feel I am ready to get back into the swing of things. Being away from the hobby for a while I have had to relearn a lot, and some things have changed, and I have almost got a little lost in terms of the flow that a project should evolve.

So it was very refreshing to hear from you Gwyn and add your perspective especially from a flight sim professional like your self.

I also keep going back to the late Ian Sissons website and looks over his build diary, and his build was very similar to the events you mentioned. Just saddened I cant ask him now!

But anyway great to hear your input Gwyn.

Kind Regards.

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

25+ Posting Member

Hello, I started some time with my simulator piece by piece and I have been buying in "earthquake" because I saw the value for money it quite good, plus there are always good deals and apparently now have fallen much price of many products, the truth is I am very happy to have taken this step.

My sim is a B737

300+ Forum Addict

Hi ,
    I did start with a go flight cabinet and cp flight yoke and 1 screen.
    then I found out that flying a 737 wasn`t my cup of tea.
    As I`m a petrolhead I was looking for a cessna set up.
    so I found Simkits stuff and purchased a lot of instruments and radio set , still using 1 screen .
    I bought 2 more but they didn`t do it for me , and found some short throw beamers and flyelise software.
    In the meantime I was looking for real instruments and found a real cessna 172 cockpit , I have put all my instruments and things in the cockpit and now flying the cessna as real as I can get.
    I`m now in the proces of movement
    regards Kermit

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by hark40 View Post
    Hello, I started some time with my simulator piece by piece and I have been buying in "Sismo Soluciones" because I saw the value for money it quite good, plus there are always good deals and apparently now have fallen much price of many products, the truth is I am very happy to have taken this step.

My sim is a B737

Hello,

I started some time with my simulator piece by piece and I have been buying in "Sismo Soluciones" because I saw the value for money it quite good, plus there are always good deals and apparently now have fallen much price of many products, the truth is I am very happy to have taken this step.

My Sim is a B737

Never dealt with Sismo but Manolo from Hispa is a nice guy!
    GA or the Highway!