Bei weiteren Fragen bitte über flightx.net

LG

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: ILS not leading to middle of runway

Sometimes you need to check the charts if there is a localizer offset.

I was flying to Nice (hello JL), and aligned to the localizer but not to the runway 04R -- a quick look at the charts and I realized there is a 2 degree offset. San Francisco also has an offset.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

i had the Problem on all Airports

25+ Posting Member

Hi all, sorry for no response for a while, I've been travelling.

I only have the problem on Asian Airports, China, Philippines and Cambodia tested, but it seems ok on Europe. I have run the Magvar but that makes no difference. I was using Aerosoft Navdata but my subs expired and as I've not had time recently I didn't renew it.

I also had problems distributing Aerosoft to JH (It wouldn't show up in the startup screen) so for 43.3 I deleted all the Aerosoft stuff and reinstalled JH clean, then copied navdata directories to ND/PFD PC. The MCDU PC does not have navdata directories so not sure if it needs to be there.

I ran the landing elevations tool with FTX but not sure elevation has anything to do with ILS.

I also have another problem which may or may not be related where I cannot see any ARPT/VOR/NDB etc on the map only CSTR shows up, for both PF/PNF. I thought this may be because my navdata was confused but problem still exists after clean install of 43.3. This problem started a few revisions ago but again due to time I've not been able to follow it up.

150+ Forum Groupie

I tried all your tipps from above:
    - I ran the magvar update
    - I tried with standard fsx airports and third party airports
    - I tried with a new created scenery.cfg

But still landing left of the runway. I have no idea, what I changed. It worked fine until a month ago... (

PS > could it be, that it has something to do with the message "Nav accur upgrade", which I see on my ND???

I hope, anyone can still help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardInBeijing View Post
    Hi all, sorry for no response for a while, I've been travelling.

I only have the problem on Asian Airports, China, Philippines and Cambodia tested, but it seems ok on Europe. I have run the Magvar but that makes no difference. I was using Aerosoft Navdata but my subs expired and as I've not had time recently I didn't renew it.

I also had problems distributing Aerosoft to JH (It wouldn't show up in the startup screen) so for 43.3 I deleted all the Aerosoft stuff and reinstalled JH clean, then copied navdata directories to ND/PFD PC. The MCDU PC does not have navdata directories so not sure if it needs to be there.

I ran the landing elevations tool with FTX but not sure elevation has anything to do with ILS.

I also have another problem which may or may not be related where I cannot see any ARPT/VOR/NDB etc on the map only CSTR shows up, for both PF/PNF. I thought this may be because my navdata was confused but problem still exists after clean install of 43.3. This problem started a few revisions ago but again due to time I've not been able to follow it up.
    Have you tried rebuilding the database Edward? I don't remember off the top of my head (don't have access to my flight sim compute now) but you need to delete ? dat files and on FMGS startup it will rebuild the database.

I had the same issue until a database rebuild. To be safe I would put all AIRAC data on all client computers, including the MCDU computer.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by michael1508 View Post
    I tried all your tipps from above:
    - I ran the magvar update
    - I tried with standard fsx airports and third party airports
    - I tried with a new created scenery.cfg

But still landing left of the runway. I have no idea, what I changed. It worked fine until a month ago... (

PS > could it be, that it has something to do with the message "Nav accur upgrade", which I see on my ND???

I hope, anyone can still help!!!
    No, it has nothing to do with Nav accur upgrade.

Are you using FSX or P3D? Have you tried updating the navdata -- navigraph or aerosoft?

150+ Forum Groupie

will try with an updated AIRAC (FSX / Navigraph) this evening.

150+ Forum Groupie

YEAH! It is working!!!

It was not the AIRAC Cycle. The tipp with rebuilding the database was the right one!

So what I did, was deleting the 9 bin files out of the navdata folder and then restartet FMGS. I copied the new created bin files also to my network pc's (actually only the PFD/ND PC had a navdata folder, for the MCDU and the Overhead PC I copied as well, just to be sure).

Still thinking about, where this behaviour came from, I guess FMGS got confused after I reinstalled the software to establish the complex joystick option. However, now the ILS was leading me perfectly to the center line of the runway again! And I now also see the CSTR, WP, DME etc when chosing the option in EFIS!

Thanks so much OmniAtlas! you saved my 2 week vacation, starting tommorrow. I would have gone nuts without being able to solve this!

Yeah no worries It was JL who suggested to delete the bin files every new (major) update to rebuild the database.

Have a fun vacation -- I've just moved into the new apartment, so have to setup the sim from scratch :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast