300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

OpenCockpits RMP and Transponder settings

I am having some problems setting both radios and the transponder to act like the real Airbus.

I have been using IOCModules, which is reasonable but does not run the Course on Nav, only the frequency.

The Transponder seems to be ok but not sure if the switches are selecting correctly.

The 2 radios and the Transponder are from OpenCockpits.

I can get the Radios to bring up the Nav course ok using OpenCockpits software in SIOC with Radio_Airbus_RMP_slave1 txt , but then cannot stop the transponder loading the RMP's as well as the Transponder.

Not sure if anyone else is using OpenCockpits gear for this or not, so if anyone has an answer to this, I would appreciate if anybody has a fix.

How I hate programming !!!

Many thanks......................Brian W

300+ Forum Addict

Re: OpenCockpits RMP and Transponder settings

Discovered one thing after trying every trick in the book. IOCModules16Beta1 will not stop turning on the 2 RMP's even after doing what they say and trying to turn them off in the IOCModules INI file, so that even though I have the 2 RMP's running ok in SIOC they will not run correctly when I turn on IOCModules to run the Transponder.

Basically I guess I need a program for the Transponder in SIOC.

.........................Brian W.

Hi Brian,

Using IOCModules and SIOC is problematic! I advise you, as you already found out, to use only SIOC with proper dual RMP and Transponder scripts.
    http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/...44&language=en
    Some script tweaking might be required... let me know how it goes.
    Cheers,
    Simon

300+ Forum Addict

Thanks Simon, I have tried one of the Transponder codes but could not get it to work, so I guess there are a couple of setting I need tolook at.

Probably going to leave both radios and the transponder as they are, because basically they will not connect the Nav frequencies to theMCDU ( in other words they are not talking 2 way to the aircraft).

The Nav works ok via the MCDU and the COM 1 & COM 2 both work with communications on the air to ground, as well as the Audio Control Panel I have working ok to hear all Beacons Morse Code. The transponder basically looks ok, so not a big problem , it all works.

I guess one day JL will possibly get to look at it, but he is obviously working on much more important things now.

Cheers........................Brian W.