Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Trim wheel position FSUIPC offset not working?

Cheers Brian -- will get back to you, I still have to order the control board.

I am also still evaluation motor+encoder and phidgets.

I plan to mount the motor directly to the metal shaft that controls the wheel (below the pedestal) so I think I will need a pretty strong one.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hallo Guys,

Today we can fixed a Programmingproblem with a big help from Axel for interfacing my original A320 Throttle-Trimmwheel.
    Again a big thank you, Axel!
    Without a small smoother Trimming, all works now very nice! Itīs so amazing to see how spin the original Trimwheel in flight.
    When all runs smooth and great to see, i post here i Video off course.

But i have a another question and itīs even more special to Jean-Luc.
    When i was landed, normally the Trimwheel goes automatically back to the "0" Position, right? So as far as i know, Jeehell done this in the Software but didnīt sent it to the Motor especial to the Offset or? Because there's no happen like this after i touch down. When itīs not so a big problem, it would be very nice when you can integrate it maybe on your next update?
    Looking forward.

Cheers
    Florian

Hi, for trim reset after touch down I made additional line in trim sioc script in terms of :

var... Ground, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $0366
    var... FMGS flight phase, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $73C0
    If flight phase = 6 and ground = 1 then reset trim to 0 after 5s.

It's not perfect but so far I am satisfied. There should also be some other additional conditions, PITCH ATT < 2.5° and something like stop trim reset if ground = 0 ( at go around)...

I have another problem with trim offset 73AE. The value I get on the ground (auto trim not operational) is 55537 and when airborne the values go to 50, 120,... (-400 to 1350) as they should. As long as the trim values are positive, from 0 to 1350 everything works great. The problem occurs when trim values get negative! For example if trim is -0.7DN on the ECAM offset 73AE will read 65468 instead of -70!? That will confuse trim script positions calculation and rotate trim wheels to max 13,5°.
    It looks like when trim is negative offset 73AE will switch to FSX Trim down values 49153 to 65535. If nothing else will have to rewrite trim script for 49153 to 65535 values.
    Has anyone met with this problem or is this happening to me only?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi Simon,

as you know I'm not familiar with Jeehell offsets, but it seems that offset 73AE has a signed value, so probably you just have to correctly define the signed variable in SIOC with "Type 1" at the end.

Here is the example for reading a value of standard offset for elevator trim, with values in range from -16383 to +16383:

Var 1 Link FSUIPC_IN Offset $0BC2 Length 2 Type 1

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for the tip, you are so right . I forgot about assigned value with Type 1! It looks like it is working now as it should. I am still having some trim disconnects but I think that might be related to trim threshold setting.
    Thank you again.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by tcane View Post
    Hallo Guys,

Today we can fixed a Programmingproblem with a big help from Axel for interfacing my original A320 Throttle-Trimmwheel.
    Again a big thank you, Axel!
    Without a small smoother Trimming, all works now very nice! Itīs so amazing to see how spin the original Trimwheel in flight.

When all runs smooth and great to see, i post here i Video off course.

But i have a another question and itīs even more special to Jean-Luc.
    When i was landed, normally the Trimwheel goes automatically back to the "0" Position, right? So as far as i know, Jeehell done this in the Software but didnīt sent it to the Motor especial to the Offset or? Because there's no happen like this after i touch down. When itīs not so a big problem, it would be very nice when you can integrate it maybe on your next update?
    Looking forward.

Cheers
    Florian
    So in the end with was the best method to interface all the quadrant? i have a quadrant too but have to figure how to do it, can you explain witch motor did you used?
    thanks!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by dcutugno View Post
    So in the end with was the best method to interface all the quadrant? i have a quadrant too but have to figure how to do it, can you explain witch motor did you used?
    thanks!
    Hi Dcutugno,

I now have some time to attempt to motorize my throttle

Reading through the thread again it seems the most obvious and straight forward route would be:

1. Use a stepper motor, such as the one available from Phidgets: http://www.phidgets.com/products.php...duct_id=3330_0

2. To create a closed feedback loop, connect a 360 degree pot to the trim wheel.

3. Use either an OC stepper motor board (SIOC software), or a phidgets board (fs2phidget software).

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234