Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Talking Let's Go For It !!!

Hi everyone from Horbury, West Yorkshire, UK.
    I have loved flying in sims for years and now run P3D v3
    I am lucky enough to have a decent PC which is a water cooled i7 5930k running at 4.5Ghz and a pair of Titan X cards in sli
    I have been using a 40" Phillips 4k monitor for my sim flying but I have decided to go for it and build a 737 cockpit. I have my own lounge with room for it.
    at the moment I am learning to fly in the A2A C182 and have a Saitek yoke and throttle and rudder pedals which work well. I have no idea how to use instuments etc but I am hoping that by the time the cockpit is finished I will have learnt. I am thinking 2 Years approx.
    I have ordered 2 Dell 34" curved monitors for the main view and 2 24" Viewsonic Touchscreen monitors. one for the overhead panel and one for the front of the throttles for the flight controllers. I have a couple o 19" monitors for the captain and FO panels.
    I have ordered a throttle from Flightsimpm which looks amazing.
    At home I have a small woodwork business and own a german cnc machine and a big laser cutter that can cut ply or Perspex so I am in a good position for making parts needed.
    so off I go. could anyone help with plans for the initial frame etc. I intend to use the touch screens until I can afford a couple of proper overhead panels
    I think this website is brilliant for me and I look forward to building my cockpit with all of you.
    I have a 40" 4k monitor for sale if anyone in the UK is near West Yorks.
    I was going to build a captain only cockpit until Matthew, my 11 year old plane mad stepson asked if I had a vacancy for a first officer. so it looks like I now need two of most things.
    Can you point me in the direction for initial plans etc. I have loads of ply at work so should be good to go as soon as I have a design to work to.

Thank you my new friends

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Re: Let's Go For It !!!

Hi, if you wanted to build a flight deck, then I'd say the actual layout of the A320 flight deck is easier to build/mock than the complexity of the 737 (such as the 737 sidewalls and structure). This is due to the A320's design which comprises of many flat and simple surfaces such as the glare wings, sidestick bases, bulky pedestal etc. The A320 is also good for incorporating touch screens too, such as pedestal and overhead. So please don't rule out the A320, as you can use Jeehell software to run the whole sim, which is free, and will save you a bundle of cash too!

Just google my friend, there are tons of drawings/images and pictures for you to get inspiration and get building.

Good luck with your 737 if you chose that route!
    GA or the Highway!

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Great to have another member from the Yorkshire region, welcome!!
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

25+ Posting Member

Hi snowy_uk. For anyone building a 737 cockpit from scratch I would recommend looking at the website created by the late Ian Sissons. The web address is 737ng.co.uk

Although Ian sadly passed away earlier this year, the site has been kept running. It has a wealth of information and practical advice. Although some parts are a few years old, Ian was always innovating and trying new updates, and publishing the results so others could benefit from his experiments. There is a lot of material still very relevant today.

Good luck with your build and keep us updated on progress.

jbee

MyCockpit Support Staff

www.markuspilot.com for dimensions! Cheers Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

150+ Forum Groupie

And - youtube for "Norwegian 737 project" to view an amazing 737 build.
    Bill
    P3D/ IFly737 Pro