Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

help on asking price

Hi to all, just wondering what to ask for my 727 cockpit. I have cut it down to just behind the pilot/co-pilot seats. It is mounted on wheels with a trialer hitch. I also have 90% of the intruments and main panel aswell as the overhead, pilot, co-pilot, flight eng.,and jump seats. I have all the books and manuals that came from Boeing when the aircraft was purchased. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Ross

10+ Posting Member

Re: help on asking price

Any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by gkkes View Post
    Any pictures?
    Yes, I will get some together and post shortly. Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by gkkes View Post
    Any pictures?
    Attached Images Attached Images

300+ Forum Addict

Hi, looking at what you have in the pics, I would say about $5,000 US (if you can sell it all at once). I know that sounds low, but I have a B727 that I purchased for $4,000 that was cut at the door and it has all the panels (no gauges) throttle assy, overhead, yoke/columns, and so on. It did not come with seats, but I got a straight rail set that are in excellent condition for $800. Your seats will need work and there are no interior panels in the cockpit, as well as it looks like the floor is disassembled.

You'd be better off too part it out, and you should look at prices on oncealoft.com, then price each item about 25% lower then theirs. Why? It's because you do not have to pay labor employees and building overhead costs that the owner of that website does. You have just one cockpit, they have many, so hence the higher costs. I know that sounds strange, but the B727 is not that popular and most people who build B727 Sims are looking for portions or certain items, whereas a B737 cockpit would sell all together much faster (most times).

This is my honest opinion and I may add that your location is going to add to the shipping costs, which deters others since it is a B727. You likely know, if it were a B737, buyers would sacrifice and pay the shipping costs; it's the whole "737's are still in operation" thing...

If you part it out, please post here about it.

John

150+ Forum Groupie

I don't know how the cockpit/sim community is in Canada, but speaking from the middle of the US, I would say John's price estimate is a good one (except that for me, the fact that it's a more unusual model makes it MORE appealing). I'd also add that it's going to be a hard sell....cockpit collecting is a niche of niches.

You might want to ask a little more than $5k for it, and be willing to go down to around $5k, if you sell it whole. At $5k, folks are going to try to get it for $3-$4k (most likely).

It always bugs me when I see that salvage operations have taken a complete aircraft and stripped the inside of the cockpit. There are all sorts of odds and ends that will most likely never (or rarely) need to be replaced on a service aircraft (like trim panels, odd instrument panels, brackets, seat rails, etc), but can be extremely hard for us cockpit guys to get hold of once we acquire one of these stripped cockpits.

Good luck on your sale, hope it goes to someone who can bring it back to glory.

Matt

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

I would also agree with what John and Matt have said here.
    Best Regards
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk