10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Toggle for FCU functions?

Hi Jeehell,

Would it be possible to have the toggle function working for the SPD, HDG, ALT and V/S knobs so that a rotary encoder with push function would be able to toggle between selected and managed mode? (non momentary switch on the encoder)

I just tried by assigning a joystick button and it works if assigning as push and release event however sourcing encoders with momentary puschbuttons is a bit tricky for me.
    (Toggle function didnīt work within joystick button setup for these events).

Thanks in advance
    Robert

25+ Posting Member

Re: Toggle for FCU functions?

Hi Robert,

There are plenty of momentary P/B rotary encoders on ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sis.html?...53.m2749.l2658

I use a double box structure with one of these and a little P/B to get the full push pull rotary effect. There was a thread here somewhere showing how to construct it.

Found it - http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10909

My solution is pretty close to this and works well with MobiFlight and JeeHell.

H

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Hypnorm,

Another sollution would be to simply adding a button below the encoder itself so that encoder push could be setup up as FCU pull and the button below as push. Iīm not going to build a generic 100%copy of an a320 FCU, this is more of an "universal autopilot" as iīm flying a few other acīs. The downside is it will cost me four button inputs which i couldīve used for assigning other functions such as the autobrake i.e hence my question. But your link/tip for sure looks quite geniously made (and time consuming)

25+ Posting Member

No worries .... horses for courses I find it fascinating the differences between sim builders - some want a full replica, others want to just get rid of their keyboard and mouse, some only want to fly one plane, others want to fly lots of different ones.

The boxes are a little fiddly, but I have a DXF file for them which makes it easy if you have access to a laser cutter.

Cheers,

H