10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Link2fs to rotate obs1,2; Headiing and altimeter setting?

Hi everyone, i'd been looking for a code (arduino) to achieve this but there is no one in the internet.

Someone could help me please?... i don't know anything about programming.

Thanks a lot.

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Link2fs to rotate obs1,2; Headiing and altimeter setting?

OBS1 Serial.println("A55"); or A56. Repeat 8 times, 15 ms. apart for rapid movement. Use millis() checking rather than delay().

OBS2, Heading Bug, Kohlsman use settings in the SimConnect Inputs Tab (non Experts)

If you do not have Paid FSUIPC (there is no such thing as free FSUIPC) use Link2FS EXPERTS SimConnects Inputs. I have found that many, most obvious SimConnect codes eg TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALC_INC didn't work but the SET version does with manipulation.

Directional Gyro Card (gyro drift) use SimConnect Input (Experts) code GYRO_DRIFT_INC1 and ....DEC1.

True Air Speed use TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALC_SET plus 16212 for standard 29.92 in. pressure. Add or subtract 20 to last setting to rotate the altitude setting and TAS windows in the airspeed indicator

Horizon Attitude Bar use Link2FS KEYS and FSX options > settings > controls > buttons/keys Attitude bars (move up) and down. Kind of clunky. Jim's Key's Inputs do not have to be linked to a digital input. The output of an encoder can generate eg. Serial.println("D010"); when KEYS is looking for D and pin 01 and check box ON OPEN as applicable.

Hugh
    ---CYXD ----- TWR --- GND ------ Closed
    ILS-- NDB -- 119.1 -- 121.9 ---- 11/2013

Hi Hugh,

I've just started using link2fs with P3D and I'm having a hard time to manage to find a way of controlling the temp scale through the ASI knob, til I saw your post.
    Still I'm confused by the fact that you refer to a standard PRESSURE (inHg) when TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALC_SET is associated with temperature instead. In any event I tried to implement it and it is not working at all. Could you give me some light on how I should set things up in order for the ASI knob to control the Temp scale.
    Thanks in advance for your answer.

150+ Forum Groupie

Once again the Simconnects tabs (Experts) are not working for me. Too many errors trying to use published codes that were not developed.

True airspeed is a product of indicated airspeed, outside temperature and altitude. Rotate the knob until the altitude is above the temperature on the lower scale. TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALC_SET rotates the scale in the altitude window. The temperature scale is marked below on the indicated airspeed. As I remember, TRUE_AIRSPEED_CALC_SET was put into box Y04 and a variable tasSetting was declared as tasSetting = 16212. To rotate the disk each click of the rotary encoder added or subtracted 20 from tasSetting and instruction Serial.println("Y04" + String(tasSetting)) was uploaded to Link2FS. Turn the encoder until the ASI shows altitude and temperature settings lined up.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...icator.svg.png
    ---CYXD ----- TWR --- GND ------ Closed
    ILS-- NDB -- 119.1 -- 121.9 ---- 11/2013