Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Using Opencockpits USB expansion axis with FMGS

Hey Guys,

it's not often that I'm really stumped, but I need a bit of help with an axis issue.

So I'm trying to use the Axis found on the USB expansion board for my Flaps and Speed brakes. The flap mechanism uses a 100k linear pot, connected to axis 1 on the board. The SIOC monitor shows the axis correctly, and the values change as the flaps change. So all is well there.

My issue comes with programming the axis so that the FMGS controls program can see the axis. I know I need to configure the fresh script with the SIOC Creator 'misc' section. Currently, I have axis 1 set to the correct device IDX, so that's correct. The input number has me stuck as I'm not sure what to put here, so I set it to 1, but I'm not sure that's right.

With that hat done and the file compiled, the FMGS sees the Axis, but when I add it to the flaps section, the calibration window is stuck. The current output is stuck at 308 and adjusting the flap position does nothing to change anything on screen.

Where red am I going wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
    Jess B
    'Come to the Darkside, We've got cookies'

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Using Opencockpits USB expansion axis with FMGS

Got it!

turns out I had the axis the wrong way around. A simple case of entering the numbers for the six is wrong. All is now working.
    'Come to the Darkside, We've got cookies'