Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

No Flightcontrols

Hi Guys,

So, iīm new to the Jehell suite and iīm really stuck at getting the joystick to work. I canīt get any flightcontrols to work. I have done the installation and setup thouroughly.

Throttles are done and i had no problems with that part (Saitek TQ). The startup procedure is done and both Engines are running. I have hydraulics and all but nothing happens to either flaps (Saitek TQ) or Elev. Ailerons, Rudder (Logtech3D). Throttles work 100% (same Saitek TQ as flaps)

Ecam is all green and centered markers but no movement. I have installed the FMGS on my simcomputer since i wanted to get to know this piece of software.
    I have all green and connected status and pushbutton controls work fine. I have re calibrated numerous of times, reinstalled and still no flightcontrols. Since noone has reported this regarding the B45.4 version, i suspect the problem must be on my side.
    Iīm running P3D 2.4 with win 7. All other planes in the sim area working flawlessly so there canīt be any problems with my joystick itself in this case. I suspect for some reason my Jehell sinīt communicating with the inputs from my joystick. I hope any of you nice people can help me as this piece of software truly is something !
    Regards
    Robert

25+ Posting Member

Re: No Flightcontrols

Do you have configured your flight control in the FMGS Config.exe?

10+ Posting Member

Hi Beret, thank you for your reply.

Yes, itīs set with both 2000&3000 in neutral error (during different attempts). This is also where my throttles are set up and those are working perfectly.

When i move the joystick during calibration in the FMGS Confg - i get full readouts. However when in P3D, with engines running, i have no movement on any of the control surfaces except for the throttles.

Everything else responds are this far - works fine. Except i canīt even taxi, take off or land due to no control surfaces at all.

10+ Posting Member

I have spent almost entire Saturday at getting it to work. I have tried older versions of the software but nothing works. There's is no response what so ever to the flaps lever, spoilers, elevator, aileron or rudder.

In win taskmanager I have full movement and it works with every other plane. This leads me to think that the problem should be down to sim connect since, what I can understand, that is what controls these things in the fmgs?

Just to confirm, I have both engines running, thrust levers are working properly (saitek tq), generators on, no white korrys on the ohp and ecam page is all green for hydraulics. But no movement either on ecam fctl page or outsideview.

i have tried calibrating dozens of times but to no luck. Are there any log files I can try to understand for the connection of flight controls?

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

- check windows USB joystick panel to make sure it is active
    - try a different USB port and make sure you click 'SAVE joystick' with fmgs configure before you exit.

*The joystick must reside on the server computer.
    * Make sure you are using the correct - JL FMGS Project Airbus model; it needs to be copied over to the simobjects folder.
    * Make sure you disable joystick in FSX/P3D
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

10+ Posting Member

Thank you Omni for your time to respond - I appreciate it. Please see my comments:

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    - check windows USB joystick panel to make sure it is active
    - try a different USB port and make sure you click 'SAVE joystick' with fmgs configure before you exit ->: you mean save config? That I do every time and it's working with all the other aircrafts I fly in P3D.

*The joystick must reside on the server computer. -> yes, the whole installation resides on the FS computer.

* Make sure you are using the correct - JL FMGS Project Airbus model; it needs to be copied over to the simobjects folder -> so I have to install something manually? From what I recall its all done with the installer itself of B45 version? Am I correct that you mean the model folder has to be copied from C:a320fmgs? That I haven't done (can't recall seeing it in the manual either but it does sounds reasonable)

* Make sure you disable joystick in FSX/P3D
    -> yes also in fsuipc it's disabled !

Sorry for for the messed up quote, I'm currently on the cellphone.
    thanks for your help this far ! I don't want to give up

10+ Posting Member

Hi Omni, thank you for taking your time to help out.

See my comments:
    - check windows USB joystick panel to make sure it is active -> Yes, it all works with no problems. i assigned axises for anothe AC and it works without problems.

- try a different USB port and make sure you click 'SAVE joystick' with fmgs configure before you exit -> Still the same and i assume you mean "save configuration" in FMGS setup?

*The joystick must reside on the server computer. -> It does, as does the whole installation of Jeehell at this point (to get familiar with it before going networked)

* Make sure you are using the correct - JL FMGS Project Airbus model; it needs to be copied over to the simobjects folder. -> Ok? This step is something i donīt recognise being part of the install guide. When looking, i can tell that the guide is outdated (v. B35). Could you shed some more light on this? I assume itīs perhaps a model folder that needs to be copied from C:\a320FMGS into the Jeehell folder in the simobj/aircrafts? I havenīt done any step like this in my installation. I know the jehell folder is there in the simobj/aircrafts folder but perhaps itīs lacking this step that needs to be done manually. Iīll stand by for your further notice.

* Make sure you disable joystick in FSX/P3D -> Yes, also in fsuipc itīs clean.

Thanks for your help! I donīt wanīt to give up on this

Quote Originally Posted by RMSA330 View Post

* Make sure you are using the correct - JL FMGS Project Airbus model; it needs to be copied over to the simobjects folder. -> Ok? This step is something i donīt recognise being part of the install guide. When looking, i can tell that the guide is outdated (v. B35). Could you shed some more light on this? I assume itīs perhaps a model folder that needs to be copied from C:\a320FMGS into the Jeehell folder in the simobj/aircrafts? I havenīt done any step like this in my installation. I know the jehell folder is there in the simobj/aircrafts folder but perhaps itīs lacking this step that needs to be done manually. Iīll stand by for your further notice.
    If you are using P3D 3.1, 3.2 the Jeehell FMGS should copy the model aircraft file *outside* the Prepar3D\simobject\airplanes directory. Make sure you delete any Project Airbus files which are inside the simobject\airplane folder or FMGS may be confused.

There should be a simobject.cfg pointing towards the new Model file location, you have to check as I forgot where exactly it is.

If you are using FMGS prior to Prepar3D 3.0 or FSX the model file remains inside the simobject\airplanes folder.

There has been some confusion and systems not working because on startup the wrong model file is selected.

*The joystick needs to be disabled in FSX/P3D -- not only FSUIPC.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

10+ Posting Member

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm running p3d v2.

okay I think I understand pretty well the theory behind this. I know for sure there's an jeehell project Airbus folder inside the sim objects/airplanes folder and I'm quite sure that folder also contains a model subfolder.

I think I also remember seeing a model subfolder inside the c:\a320fmgs folder.

So just to clarify - inside the a320fmgs folder there is included a model folder but there is also a model folder included in the project Airbus that installs in simobj\airplanes folder? And the model that should be used is the one from the a320fmgs folder ?

I believe I shouldn't delete the entire PAAribus folder in simobj\aircrafts as I believe this contains the exterior model as well. But I might have a feeling that the model it loads is the one in the simobj\aircrafts and not the a320fmgs model folder. This sounds quite logical to me and I will look for the simobjects.cfg as I have a feeling it is assigned for the wrong model.

am I correct in my way of understanding you and my way of thinking? I'm at work now so I can't test it right now.

yes no arises assigned in neither fsuipc or fsx.

Are you running P3D (which version?) or FSX?

If you are running P3D remove the simobject\aircraft\FMGS aircraft folder, reload P3D and try reselecting the aircraft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast