10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Questions/Problems with NAV/ADF Radio Ident

Drove myself crazy this weekend. I have a DC3 with a bunch of digital gauges and a radio stack that's visible in the 2D cockpit. (I think i'ts named the DC-3NH download from Flightsim.com.)

I can program with FSUIPC or my Hagstrom Keyboard Encoder or just use the OPTIONS/SETTINGS/CONTROLS keyboard commands that are supposed to "toggle" the ident for the various radios. CTRL followed by a 1, a 2, or a 5 will "toggle" the various VOR and ADF radios. BUT THEN I CAN'T TURN THEM OFF EXCEPT WITH THE MOUSE!

There are FS Controls (like 65832 and 65837) that will enable/disable the ident for one of the radios. It seems to work fine for toggling the ident ON but you can't toggle them off, except by clicking with the mouse - which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid! Using Links2fs_Mouse is thus far the only way I can toggle them back and forth properly.

Is there some kind of known bug that affects the radio ident for VOR1, VOR2 and ADF1?

One thing just suddenly dawned on me. I struggled all afternoon with the DC-3. It didn't dawn on me to try another plane and see if happens there as well. Stay tuned!

I also added (several days ago) a Saitek Multi-Panel and today a Saitek Multi-Radio Panel, but there are no conflicting controls there that I've been able to find.

Art - N4PJ

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Questions/Problems with NAV/ADF Radio Ident

Okay. Semi, false alarm! It appears to be only with that DC-3 panel. I tried it with another plane (my Pilatus PC-12 from Flight 1) and it works exactly the way it's supposed to work.

Anyone have any ideas why the ident on that DC3 would act so goofy?

Art - N4PJ