Thread: Sound Issue

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Sound Issue

Hi Experts,

I copied the recommended sounds from the Jehell page to the sound directory of the A320 (just as described on the jehell page).
    But I have the feeling, the sounds are not played properly, if they are played at all.

When I start the external power, I hear the air conditioning - very loud.
    When I start the engines, I must really concentrate to hear them spooling up. And even at take off, the sound of the air condition is dominating.
    I already changed the FSX sound options: Cockpit: 0% and Engines: 100%, but that doesn't seem to have an effect at all. Air Condition still loud and engines hardly heard.

Anyone that can give me a hint?

Thanks,
    Michael

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Sound Issue

With the latest FMGS the aircraft should only exist in the A320FMGS directory and not in P3D/FSX -- e.g.

D:\A320FMGS\Aircraft\a320 FMGS JH Project Airbus A320-214\Sound

Make sure your sound files are in this directory.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

thanks for the hint. I copied the files from the FSX directory to my Jeehell directory, but no change. I hear the engine, but at very low volume.

In my directory there is a SOUND folder and another Sound subfolder:
    F:\A320FMGS\Aircraft\a320 FMGS JH Project Airbus A320-214\SOUND\Sounds\

I copied the sound files in the "Sounds" subfolder, is this correct?

Thanks,
    Michael

As mentioned your *.wav files need to go in D:\A320FMGS\Aircraft\a320 FMGS JH Project Airbus A320-214\Sound

not a \Sounds subdirectory.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

ok, I do have all .wav files in that directory.
    And I can hear them, when I am carefully listening. I hear the sounds, when the APU is ready. I hear the starting up of the engines. But it's still the problem, that they are so low in volume! Or, to put it the other way -the air condition sound is relatively loud. When I take off, the engines should be heard significantly louder, than the air condition. But that's not the case.

What can it be?

thanks again!

Michael

Why don't you go to the Option dialogue box in the JL sound module and adjust the airconditioning sound?

150+ Forum Groupie

ok, I now adjusted the sound options. I found out, it is the avionics sound, that I wanted to reduce in order to better hear the engine. But still couldn't hear them. But after closing the whole Jeehell sound module I then heard the engine thrust going up and down on moving my throttle.

I guess, these sounds are coming from FSX and Jeehell still doesn't recognice the additional .wav files in the sound directory. I only copied them there. Was I supposed to run some kind of installation routine for the sound files?

I am probably pretty annoying to you - sorry! Hope you are still willing to help!!

Thanks,
    Michael

I don't understand why you are copying additional .wav files in the sound directory. The sound directory are only the aircraft sounds (e.g. engine sounds, FSX/P3D environmental sounds, etc).

The Jeehell FMGS program only runs the *.wav files it installs with the FMGS package. Don't try and mix them up together.

Your best bet is to run the FMGS sounds on one sound card, and the FSX/P3D sounds on another sound card/output.

150+ Forum Groupie

Sorry, I am even more confused now...

To be sure, we are talking about the same thing:

I understand, that the JL installer only provides the basic aviation sounds, but no engine sounds.

For the engine sounds, I nee to install the additional CFM56 sound package, as recommended on the JL web page.

These sound files should be in D:/A320FMGS/Aircraft/A320 FMGS JH.../sound/

That's where I copied them from the old installation folder (former JL version under fsx/simobjects/aircrafts/...)

If I open the JL sound options window, I only see the JL particular sounds, like the call outs and the avionics, but not the different engine sounds. I assume, this is the correct behaviour? Or am I supposed to see all sounds, including the sounds from the sound package?

Now, assuming I have the CFM56 sound pack files in the right folder, how can I allocate them to the FSX sound card? (as I said, they are not listed in the sound options window)

Thanks again!

Michael -- don't get confused. Its not that difficult.

FSX/P3D controls the CFM56 sound package (the sounds you copied into the A320 FMGS sound directory). If you want to change the volume, or redirect this to a different speaker, you can do so inside the FSX/P3D application (go to options -> sound settings *WITHIN* FSX/P3D).

When you install JL FMGS you have an option to install the sound module -- when you install the sound module it will install a set of sounds SPECIFIC to FMGS -- aural alerts, air conditioning sounds, ground proximity warnings etc. These can be volume adjusted/disabled in the FMGS Sound program (go to OPTIONS).

So think about it this way -> FSX/P3D controls engine, flaps, gear sounds.
    JL FMGS controls sounds related to the INTERNAL cockpit (avionics sounds, aural alerts).

Does that make sense?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast