150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Iitcreator error 0x0150002

I have been using Iitcreator for some time with no problems and my systems run correctly. However two days ago when I try to start Iitcreator to edit some inputs I get error message "Application unable to start correctly (0x0150002) ----"
    Googling indicates possible errors in Windows setup and I can only think this may have occurred during a Windows 10 update as I have changed nothing else lately.
    Before I start thrashing around and reloading things, has any else had this problem?
    Barry
    www.a32sim.com

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Iitcreator error 0x0150002

This problem is unresolved and if I give some more details I would appreciate any advice on this frustrating problem. To recap I get the following when I try to open IItcreator.exe

I have been using the program without problems for a few months. My Interfaceit devices all work fine but I cannot now edit them to add more functions.
    I loaded FMGC build 46 onto my office PC and could run the program without anything else, no Flight Sim etc (it advised me that no cards were connected but the usual screen came up).
    On the problem PC after many tries for a solution including rolling back to earlier Windows 10, reloading C++ utilities, malware scans etc etc etc I decide as a last resort to to a clean re-install of Windows 10 and start again.
    I now have Windows 10 loaded and updated. I have only loaded FMGS onto the PC and I get the same error message when I try to start the IItcreator.exe.
    My test on the office PC shows that there is no conflict with the latest Windows 10 update so I am completely floored by this one.
    Can anyone please help me?
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

500+ This must be a daytime job

Barry,
    It may be a driver issue. Have you tried various video drivers like current and old versions?. Make sure you have motherboard drivers from original disc then update
    from their site and not microsoft (hard i know with win 10).
    Sorry cant be of more help.
    Regards
    Les
    P.S Very important with Cockpit builders and especially Win 10 users to image drive. Microsoft
    are doing NASTY things and you may have been
    bitten.

150+ Forum Groupie

Les
    Thanks for your comments. Frustrating point is that I have changed nothing for about three years other than upgrading from W7 to W10 which of course upgrades itself. Even that was stable until about a week ago when this problem appeared. Easiest way out for me is to move the Interfaceit Boards onto a different PC on the sim. Can't help wondering what happened though!
    Barry

Barry,
    That's the problem with Win 10, microsoft will sneak things in . Have heard others
    have had problems suddenly happening.
    That's why i wont use Win 10, still sticking to win 7 for sanity reasons.
    Very frustrating i know, good luck and please keep us posted.
    Les

150+ Forum Groupie

Les
    I could see problems with W10 but decided to bite the bullet in the hope that things would be stable for longer. The support for W7 is coming to an end and the free upgrade to W10 was attractive. Having said that my sim ran best on XP and I wondered if I could ring fence it but of course we all want software improvements and many things now won't run on XP.
    I have got over my problem by moving the Interfaceit cards to another PC on the network where it all works fine again. I still have the nagging curiosity about what caused the problem with IItcreator; at one point I ran the compatibility tester and it said the program was not compatible but the fact that the program runs fine on other computers puts doubt on that result. Also it ran fine on the original PC for a long time before unilaterally having a hissy fit.
    One of life's mysteries and statistically almost certain to be operator error!
    Have a fun Christmas whatever your beliefs and may the sim bits you always wanted come down the chimney.
    Barry

Thanks Barry,
    You to have a wonderful and Safe Xmas and may Father christmas be kind to you.
    Also that 2017 does not throw up any more frustrations.
    Yes i will have to bite the bullet re win 10 one day. You are like me, when a problem
    exists you would rather find the cause than try and circumvent it. You also need to
    know when to quit.
    Glad to see you are back on track and always find your site an inspiration and a motivator.
    Take care.
    Regards
    Les