Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Greetings from a New member in the US.

ive been on the desktop scene ever since before Xplane version 8.

going to be starting a build based around the Boeing 747 full sized cockpit.

picked up 5 60" LED Tv's to use for outside visuals to start with

Cheers.

10+ Posting Member

Re: Greetings from a New member in the US.

There are a few 747 builders around using Aerowinx PSX for the systems software.
    You might find it to your liking.... I use it and P3D s the scenery generator. there are some nice add-ons which allow you to interface a variety of hardware options so you can us real or homemade panels with it as well.

Cheer,
    Alex B

Re: Greetings from a New member in the US.

hey guys admittedly im a newb. iv been programming pic chips for a couple years now had to learn c c# wont do assm. to confusing. ive just gotten done learning usb's so I ve a template to work off in my pic for usb support and a bootloader for reprogramming. I haven't gone to deep into the report descriptor yet I only have a set of buttons and a rotary encoder but ill add more as I go. where im at now is simconnect. ive been reading the overview and am again confused. im confused about my options. what i plan to do is build a overhead panel, throttle quadrent, ect... all with a separate usb input. ill start with the radio stack. is this feasible? is simconnect the way to go? I want to write all my own code so I might learn it. and I want to program my own chips and build my own I/o boards. but right now im having trouble understanding how simconnect works. is it a server app and fsx is a client
    also I have fsx steam edtion I installed simconnect from the three folders but I don't see esp in any of my folders. that's enough for now im sure ill be posting a lot more and ill be looking forward to any replies you might give me. thanks for any help in advance.