Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

link2fs adaptation to 727

any information on how to adapt link2fs for 3 engines or more?

Re: link2fs adaptation to 727

Unfortunatley I don't believe it can be done. It's still available but the developer has dropped out of active participation with the community so development on it has stopped.

My Sim is a single engine GA but, even there I have exceeded the capabilities of Link2FS. I am still using Link2FS for the majority of my interface but have augmented it with an Arduino that interfaces to a LUA Script to pick up any variables that Link2FS does not handle.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

3. Thanks Fess_ter thanked for this post
    Likes Fess_ter liked this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

What Tom_G said... LUA.

LUA isn't an intuitive nut to crack either. Mostly because of a lack of instructional examples.
    The little I have done is very hackish but functional.

Tom_G, I believe you looked some of my examples, did you ever expand on it?
    There is a way in LUA to monitor serial communication with an "event" function, but I have not yet experimented with it.
    It is supposed to be more efficient so the LUA script doesn't have to keep cycling thru the loop until something comes thru the serial connection.

....Maybe this weekend.

That's what I like about this board, it re-ignites my ambition.

We probably need a LUA and Arduino Dedicated forum section outside of Link2FS.

~Fess
    I will only ever be, half the Geek that I wished I was.
    TheGeekForge.Com

Quote Originally Posted by Fess_ter View Post
    . . . Tom_G, I believe you looked some of my examples, did you ever expand on it? . . .
    Yes, I have two Arduinos now talking directly to LUA scripts using the event.com function. One is just passing some simple FSX commands the other is acting as a portal getting its feed via the I2C bus from another Arduino that was already setup and talking to FSX via Link2FSMulti. So the code on the primary Arduino can interact with either link2FS or with a LUA Script.

The only big problem I have is my lack of understanding of conversion between String and Character so I have some really amaturish and ineficient code to deal with my own ignorance in that area. Other than that the code is simple and works well.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

Thank you very much for the quick responses. Well, even if link2fs is blind to my third engine, those 3rd engine variables must be somewhere in my computer, i'm not about to switch to a 737. I'll get an arduino and read. The learnig step is quite big for an old newbie. Thanks again.

150+ Forum Groupie AVIATor-Olav's Avatar

Hi. Care to tell more about your 727? I'm currently converting my 727 to X-Plane. steep learning curve here too with lua scripts and coding etc. About to look into teensy now for interfacing my FE station and some of the annunciators on my MIP.
    cheers
    Tor

well the sim is not my work, it's 727 captain from just flight which i use on fsx. I'm not sure about the flight dynamics because from what i read, this was a tough plane to set up for a greaser yet i can do a 90 degree steep turn 500 m from the strip and land real smooth, so i doubt that's anything like a real plane. I tried x-plane but i find the cities dont look at all like the real world. I'm trying to read and find out how to interface servo motors for analog gauges i'm planning to add. I also want to add switches. It's easy to find information on switches and rotary encoders but setting up servo motors, that's a tougher one. can't find books.

Hi, it's 727 captain from just flight on fsx. my goal is to interface some servo analog gauges. It's hard to find books. my first show stopper is the third engine which i can't get link2fs to see. i've already figured out how to get switches to work and i'm on my way with encoders but the servo gauges, not sure.

150+ Forum Groupie AVIATor-Olav's Avatar

Yeah, the default X.plane scenery is plausible, not accurate. With AddOns however, it looks very realistic. FSX need AddOns to look realistic as well in my opinion. There's a lot more AddOns available for FSX however, but X-plane is getting there! If you ever decide to go X-plane, I find interfacing hadware to this platform a lot more flexible. As far as I can remember the Captainsim 727 Logic is hidden. It will be very hard to cnfigure switches etc. The datarefs for the FJS 727 in X-plane are all available, which means you can Interface and configure just about everything.

Well i am already convinced i have to switch to X-plane as the controls seem a lot more realistic. i can't pull off what i do in fsx with x-plane. I'll look into add-on scenery. can the fsx 727 be imported or is there an x-plane version?