Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Real Throttle and Pedestal conversion project

Thanks Simon, what would we do without you. You are the A320 bible - will purchase some bulbs and try to rewire!
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hallo Guys,
    Yesterday i got also my own original Pedestal with Throttle and Gearextension. A really great heavy metal feeling. Love it!
    Unfortunately, the original potentiometer and motor for Trim Wheels were removed. So i have to interfaced by my own...
    I find two pins on a connector who are for the bulbs in the middle of the Throttle, knows someone the right pins which are for the rest of the lamps and perhaps has someone an idea how I can the Throttle best interface?
    Here are some pictures and a Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8BZvWw9qC8

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Tcane -- first of all, congratulations with the throttle purchase; I think we are all on the same page -- trying to figure out how to interface the TQ with FMGS/Flight Simulator, and fixing her up

It looks like all the bulbs on your TQ may be intact and is useful; It looks like I have to solder in at least half of the bulbs on mine. It is great you also have the telephone module included.

I have attached a picture (annotated by Simon) which may be helpful in determining how to wire up the TQ. There are schematics which I hope to put up on the website soon.

It looks like the outer protective clear layer of ?paint is peeling from the trim of the TQ, much like mine -- have you decided if you are going to leave it as it is -- or remove it?

Regards

Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hey Omni,

First, A Big thank you for your picture with the right wiring. It will helps me very much!

All Bulbs are not intact, the left yellow reverse does´t work, but i think i can fix this more easier as interfacing the Throttle and the Trimwheel.

Yeah right, the outer protective layer seems to peeling from the trim. It looks not so nice and i think that I covers the lettering with the backlight and made a new paintshop with the right color. That will be a hard work, but I hope it's worth it. By the way: Someone knows the right color?

I´m a little bit surprised because the Scala for Thrimwheellettering on the left and right side are not backlighted! But i see a photo of an original Throttle there was it. Anybody an idea what is here wrong?
    Here is a picture what i mean:

Regards
    Florian

150+ Forum Groupie

Ok, so i find out that behind the Trimwheel Scala there is a small plate with bulbs. I shone with a flashlight through the gap.
    Currently I don´t know if the bulbs are broken or is there a broken line. Does anyone know how to get behind the cover and the bulbs without much workload? I can not imagine that this is so complicated, because for maintenance, but i did´t find the right way until now?

Cheers and thank you for your help
    Florian

Hi Florian, only the forward section of the trim wheels are backlit. Here is a shot of my throttle -On the trimscales itself it should be fully lit ("TOGA" to "REV" -- CL to TOGA bulbs are blown).

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Omni,

Ok, but my complete Trimindicator (Number UP/Down etc.) doesn´t work. Did you know, how can i open it for a repair? And is the same wire/line from the Lever-Scala for the Trim-Scala?

Hi Tcane,

It looks like we have another confirmed case of OEM parts infection
    I see that Ben has already answered most of your questions including wire picture. Unfortunately I can't give you exact pin-out as my pedestal came without these cannon connectors but if you examine the picture figuring out the pins shouldn't be that difficult unless all the bulbs are burnt! Backlight pins for throttle and trim scales are in the central connector 2139VC. There are 10 pins 2 for throttle scale, 2 for left trim, 2 for right trim and 4 for gravity gear handle panel at the back (2 for left and 2 for right panel).

As you can see L/R trim scales have separate pins/wires. Each trim scale wheel has a bulb prism inside that illuminates the trim scale from about full rev to CL.

If you want to change a trim bulbs you will have to remove trim wheels and trim scale wheels to get to bulb prisms. Happy pin hunting... actually I would be interested in correct pinout when you find it.

Cheers,
    Simon

Cheers for the pictures Simon.

Here are are mine for the trim backlight and auto thrust disconnect -

Shots of the middle canon plug may not be too clear. Here is the wiring for the trim scale and trim wheel backlight only. As you can see they share a ground.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast