Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

saitek throttles

Hello all, Im at the point of calibrating my throttles and id like to know if anyone has put 2 Saitek throttles together a speed brake, 4 throttles and a flap handle. my throttles came with the yokes I have ps2 pins on both throttles should I try to convert the ends our will it work as is any input would be great

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: saitek throttles

I have no idea if this will work as I have never tried it, but PS2 to USB adaptors are available on the market. However I am unsure if the round saitek TQ plugs are actually PS2 style mouse plugs, they could be specific saitek plugs for their yokes only. Someone with this setup will do doubt shed more light on this.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

150+ Forum Groupie

The TQ that comes with the yoke has a PS2 style plug but this is not an actual PS2 connection, and converting it to USB will not work as the device is designed to be slaved to the yoke and has no USB controller in it. Saitek do sell a USB version of the TQ separately, however.

How did you manage to get 2 non-USB TQs? AFAIK those are only sold with the yoke, and the yoke can only connect one of the PS2-style quadrants. The 'usual' way to have two TQs side-by-side is to have one plugged into the yoke and a USB one plugged in separately. Or two USB TQs.

Basically, if you have two non-USB Saitek throttle quadrants that have PS2 style plugs on the end, your only option is to hack the electronics. I tried this once, plugging the potentiometer outputs into a Leo Bodnar interface card, but I could not smooth out the potentiometer response and I just couldn't make it work.

Here's a thread on the X-Plane forums from a guy who claims to have made it work: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?...ttle-quadrant/

Well Neil ive had two yoke throttle combos for a while I bought the box that allowed two throttles to be put together

and found that one needed tobe a usb plug that's next on my list thanks for the help . Hows your system ?