Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing 737 Cheap Cockpit

Hi
    I am willing to build a 737 cockpit but keep it as cheap as possible. It would be full size but with nonworking instruments. I would use it with yoke and pedals on FSX and maybe add more later. I was thinking of using plywood to build the structure, main instrument panel, overhead panel and pedestal, but I wasn't sure if it is a good idea. I was wondering if you had tips, websites or info.
    Thank you in advance

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Boeing 737 Cheap Cockpit

There are plans/drawings floating around that are of the B737 cockpit. You cutout all the ribs/curves and then cover it with either wood, plastic or fiberglass. Check out Norwegian Project 737 on YouTube, he is well known for building his like that, as well as if someone here does not have those plans, go to www.cockpitbuilders.com (www dot cockpitbuilders dot com) and ask one of those members, as I know someone has them. In fact another person just asked for them last week on that site...

Do understand that it will take some amount of time to build a cockpit this way and you must have a good assortment of power tools, with knowledge on using them. You could get someone to cut the material on an CNC machine, but that adds cost. If you really want to go cheap, use cardboard layering. I've yet too see anyone do this, but you take a lot of cardboard boxes, layer them together using liquid nails or epoxy glue, and then you draw out the pieces onto the cardboard. Then, you cut everything out just like using wood. You would be surprised how strong layered cardboard really is, of course this would be just for the cockpit and maybe the MIP...

John

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Boeing 737 Cheap Cockpit

Hi
    the jeancordon737 website is fantastic ,it shows you how to build everything
    regards

dave