Thread: A320 FMGS B45

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B45

Hi,

after reading post #130 and #132 from Stephen (SSO) i managed to get Mode C working again. Thank you so much for sharing this solution. That allows me to finally be able to fly on VATSIM again. I do believe that the vast majority of the "A320 FMGS" users do fly online.

In my case, I have to select "MODE C" on the MCDU first, before I press the programmed joystick button (XPDR ON - push event). Otherwise "MODE C" will not work.

It is really nice to have this working again, since flying anything else than the Airbus wiht the Jeehell FMGS system, is not much fun anymore.

Thank you again Jean Luc, for your great software and the continuous updates!!!

Best regards,
    Isak

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Phpilot View Post
    Hello everyone... I have one question about new version 45. After put the correct qnh , it appear in ecam one mensage of discrepancy altimeter. I ha just Captain side of PFD. How I can fix this? In old version I didn't have this issue. Can you help me? Please
    regards
    Frederico
    Hi Frederico,
    could you fix this problem? I've been facing the same issue since two days. After installing B45.3 there was no warning for quite a while!
    Regards
    René

Edit
    Here is a kind of workaround. Install FO EFIS module and then you can see why we get the warning!
    I hope Jeehell may offer all single seat cockpit owners an option which cut this connection between the CPT/FO QNH displays.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hello, reinstalled FMGS and I now noticed A/SKID & N/W STRG is unable to be turned off prior to engine start, and after landing wheels remain at the same temperature at 20 degrees (despite being a hard fast landing with good use of brakes).

I never had this problem before -- could this be related to project airbus?
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Hello, reinstalled FMGS and I now noticed A/SKID & N/W STRG is unable to be turned off prior to engine start, and after landing wheels remain at the same temperature at 20 degrees (despite being a hard fast landing with good use of brakes).

I never had this problem before -- could this be related to project airbus?
    If you mean the memo line on the EWD "A/SKID & N/W STRG " this is normal, as long as you don't have any hydraulic power to power the the N/W steering, this will be displayed. Not new at all.
    For the brake temperature, there is a glitch somewhere, I havent found it yet, and its not really a bothering one, so it'll wait for more important stuff.

JL

150+ Forum Groupie

hi jl,
    been away for LONG time and only yesterday was able to install 45.4
    i'm exploring INTERCOM possibilities so i have some questions:
    may BOTH pilots be able to communicate to teamspeak when flying online? how can this be achieved? (looking at intercom soft interface i understand how to assign each headphone/mic to a separate sound card...but how do i assign both hp/mics to teamspeak?)
    what's the EXTERNAL RADIO assignments for?
    thx as usual for your job
    fil

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    If you mean the memo line on the EWD "A/SKID & N/W STRG " this is normal, as long as you don't have any hydraulic power to power the the N/W steering, this will be displayed. Not new at all.
    For the brake temperature, there is a glitch somewhere, I havent found it yet, and its not really a bothering one, so it'll wait for more important stuff.

JL
    Hi JL -- when I turn off the A/SKID switch the notification on the EWD now does not turn on and I do not get an audible alert. A/SKID needs to be turned off prior to push back; prior to the new install I use to get the memo line -- now it only happens after push back and engine start. I will test again, perhaps there is an issue with my terrain, and mesh settings (insertion points in the scenery) and the wheels are not touching the ground -- this may be why I'm not getting brake readings either.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by skalarki View Post
    Hi guys. I would need some exact info how this should work. If I know maybe I can see what can be done. For now all my hardware is mapped to logic done by JL. I have added only two extra functions:
    "[PEDESTAL][TRANSPONDER] MODE C"; Sets value to Offset 0x7B91
    "[PEDESTAL][TRANSPONDER] MODE STBY"; Sets value to Offset 0x7B93
    As per IVAO documentation.
    These two were created some time ago and might be no more needed as JL has implemented these as far as I understand. So I can imagine that they will not work if they are used twice, once in JL logic and again in Profiler...
    Hi Marcin,
    THX for clarification!
    Perhaps this information from the Squawkbox documentation can help:
    0x7b91 Transponder mode 0 = normal 1 = standby
    0x7b93 IDENT. Transponder Ident pressed. When the user presses the ident button on your transponder gauge, you should set this value to 1. When Client notices it is set to 1, it will transmit an ident on the network and reset the value to 0.
    Regards Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by SSO View Post
    Am I the only one with the above problem? Yesterday I tried two approaches with Selected speed and experienced the same issue having to disconnect A_THR and using manual throttle the last miles.
    This was both on an ILS being fully established and a visual approach manually flown.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

/Stephen
    Hi Stephen,

+1 I have the same problem with B45.3
    Last night I flied an ILS Approach Autoland, speed is managed, at last miles the speed reduce to nearly red bar. Auto Thrust had no response to protect the speed lost....I have to disconnect A/T and using manual thrust for landing.

9. Thanks SSO thanked for this post
    Likes SSO liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterp View Post
    Hi Stephen,

Last night I flied an ILS Approach Autoland, speed is managed, at last miles the speed reduce to nearly red bar. Auto Thrust had no response to protect the speed lost....I have to disconnect A/T and using manual thrust for landing.
    ......an the Trimwheel goes not in 0° Position after Landing

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by masterp View Post
    Hi Stephen,

As I wrote some days ago, with B44 I experienced this item (with managed Speed) as well. Here again my workaround:
    - Selected Speed until passing FAF and Flaps 2.
    - Activate APPR Phase
    - Activate managed Speed.

Until now (with about 20 arrivals /landings) no problems at all (B45.3)