25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A2A C172 cockpit setup

Hi,

before I had a homecockpit I used the A2A C172 in FSX a lot. Just 1 big screen and it was ok. Now I'm building a cockpit for my Cessna Mustang and also want to fly the C172/C182 in this cockpit (P3D V3 now) as an alternative for low and slow.

As far as I remember there are no 2D panels I can have separated from the outside view (on the screen). Is there a way to use A2A in such a setup?

Thanks,
    Peter

Re: A2A C172 cockpit setup

Peter,

I'm new here, am flying the A2A 172 in P3D as well. You can create a new view (Views, New View), right click on it and if you select "undock window" you can drag the new view around and resize it, to another monitor if you wish. You can zoom in on the instruments, or create a view out the left or right window, whatever you wish. Is that what you are looking for?

Dan

25+ Posting Member

Re: A2A C172 cockpit setup

Hi Dan,
    thanks for your help. What I was looking for is a kind of 2D panel to place the 6 instruments on my G1000 PFD screen and the rest to the G1000 MFD. Probably this is not possible. Unfortunately there is no A2A C172/C182 with G1000. This would be the ultimate solution.

Maybe I have to buy another plane with a G1000 and supported by Mindstar. DA40 should do it probably. Has anyone this setup?

Thanks,
    Peter