Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

We have lost Ian Sissons!

Today I lost a valued mate, Ian P. Sissons

I cannot believe it! Ian you were a real friend and an inspiration on my journey of cockpit building. I was very fortunate to visit and spend some fantastic quality time with Ian and Pauline in 2010. I am deeply saddened. Deepest sympathy to Pauline and all of your family. A flight sim legend indeed, tears for you my buddy and the Welsh dragon on my arm cries too. I am stunned. Many thanks for your help and fantastic website which I hope will remain, I am sure the flightsim community will fund it and I am happy to arrange that, You have no doubt helped thousands sharing your vast knowledge and friendship and will be sadly missed by many.

So long my pal from both of us - Gwyn & Leonie Perrett
    Aerosim Solutions
    Perth, Western Australia

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: We have lost Ian Sissons!

I am sorry to hear about the loss of Ian Sisson.

Although I did not know him personally, I researched his website which was filled with knowledge and was particularly helpful with my own cockpit building.

R.I.P.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

300+ Forum Addict

I think everybody in the cockpit-building community was in some way or other inspired by his website and his advice.
    Gigabyte GA-Z97X - Intel i7 4790K@4,6 GHz - GSkill TridentX F3-2400C9D-8GTXD - 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Seagate SSHD 2TB - Asus GTX780 DC2 OC 3GD5 - Windows 10 Professional 64

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post
    Today I lost a valued mate, Ian P. Sissons

I cannot believe it! Ian you were a real friend and an inspiration on my journey of cockpit building. I was very fortunate to visit and spend some fantastic quality time with Ian and Pauline in 2010. I am deeply saddened. Deepest sympathy to Pauline and all of your family. A flight sim legend indeed, tears for you my buddy and the Welsh dragon on my arm cries too. I am stunned. Many thanks for your help and fantastic website which I hope will remain, I am sure the flightsim community will fund it and I am happy to arrange that, You have no doubt helped thousands sharing your vast knowledge and friendship and will be sadly missed by many.

So long my pal from both of us - Gwyn & Leonie Perrett
    Aerosim Solutions
    Perth, Western Australia
    I would like to reiterate what Gwyn has already written, Ian was a good mate to me also. It's hard to comprehend that he's gone.

Like many others I spent far too much time on the telephone to him when I was building my pit, but he was always there to help. Usually with a a little banter but always delivered with a wink.
    I had the good fortune to visit him and spend a day with him and his lady wife Pauline; who must be devastated. As Gwyn said quality time.

So I would like to add my deepest condolences to Pauline and the family.
    Keep flying mate...

Kindest regards
    Joe.

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Thanks for this Gwyn, I was also recently made aware of Ian passing, and I'm glad someone else made that difficult first post here.

I've known Ian for nearly 10 years and he has been a business colleague and friend. Ian has assisted me in previous years and given invaluable advice to countless aviation enthusiasts. We are gifted to have so much of his experience documented on his website, which I am sure will remain resourceful to many for a long time to come.

I have been in contact with Ians close family, and for those of you who would like further details on funeral arrangements and may wish to attend please private message me or contact me through the usual channels.

Geremy Britton
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation. This will be present in his post signatures at MyCockpit.org.

500+ This must be a daytime job

R.I.P Ian,
    Your site was my inspiration to keep on simming.
    My deepest spmpathy goes to his family and they can be rest assured he will be remembered
    for decades to come.
    Les

25+ Posting Member

I've just picked up this very sad news. Although I had not met Ian personally, I had corresponded at various times in the past.

Ian's practical advice, based on his own hands on experience was invaluable. It helped to solve the many problems I came across as I built my own cockpit.
    He was always so willing to assist others and will be greatly missed.

As others have said, I hope that his remarkable website can be retained in some way, as a tribute to the work he put into it for the benefit of the community.

John B.

Hello All,

Firstly thank you for the private messages in regards to flowers. Here's the plan. I have spoken to a local UK florist today who will get back in touch with me later today with some details on flowers. I have made a special request for flowers to be prepared in the shape of an aircraft, with this custom request in mind and the funeral being next tuesday it does not leave the florist much time to prepare. I hope they can help us.

As soon as I know if it is possible, I will establish a 'Just Giving' page in Ians memory so you can donate towards the flowers. Monies received over the cost of the flowers will be donated to a charity of the close family's choice. I suspect this will be Cancer Research, Macmillan Cancer Support, or similar.

I will copy this across all main forums, and will update you with further news as soon as I have it.
    Geremy Britton
    www.geremy.co.uk

Hello, an update for you all if I may. I have spoken to Ian's close family. They have asked that instead of arranging various flower arrangements, please could donations be made to Cancer Research. In light of this, a Just Giving page is now set up to allow any of you that wish to pay your respects in this way the opportunity to do so.

The 'Just Giving' page in Ian's memory can be found here:
    https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/IanSissons

We hope you can all support this very worthy cause.
    Best Wishes

Geremy Britton
    Geremy Britton
    www.geremy.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast