Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: We have lost Ian Sissons!

Hello all,

I have been asked to update you all following Ian's Funeral. The event was well organised and allowed us all to pay our respects in our own ways, and after some words said about Ian and his life and following a couple of hymns Ian was laid to rest in the graveyard outside St. Martins Church, in St. Martins Village nr. Oswestry, UK.

Every tribute up to Ian's Funeral acress the three main flight sim forums have been printed, along with all the tributes to Ian's 'Just Giving' page in aid of Cancer Research, and given to Pauline, Ian's Wife, who I can assure you appreciated gratefully. Without this the multitude of sympathy wishes simply would not have been seen.

In regards to the 'Just Giving' page to allow those of you to donate to Cancer Research in Ian's memory can still do so for another 25 days. Our original target was met and exceeded within just a few days so we have set a final target of £1000.00. We are currently at £730.00 which is great achievement. If any of you have not yet donated and wish to, please click the following link to make your donation. This can be as little or as much as you wish, and you can do so anonymously if you wish. Ian's family are aware of the fundraising effort and were overjoyed with the amount currently raised towards such a fantastic cause.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/IanSissons

Attached Images Attached Images
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

2. Thanks iwik thanked for this post

We have just £150 GBP left to raise towards the £1000.00 GBP target in memory of Ian.
    Donations are still accepted here:

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/IanSissons/
    Geremy Britton
    www.geremy.co.uk

150+ Forum Groupie

Coming late to this, it's such a shock. I can't believe Ian's gone. A true giant in this hobby, he gave me encouragement and support when I started out. I didn't know him personally like some here, but I always felt like he was there for all of us as an example and a source of tremendous knowledge. Cancer is a terrible disease and it's taken far too many of my friends and family. Happy to donate and help stop it any way I can.

5. Likes Joe Lavery liked this post

THANK YOU to all those who have donated we have now reached our final target! We are still accepting final donations for another 13 days, which will take us over and above our final target of £1000.00, which as some of you may know is over three times our original fundraising target!

A cheque will be presented to Cancer Research shortly after the end of our JustGiving campaign here:
    https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/...ce=ExactTarget

Thanks again everyone, one day cancer will be beaten.
    Geremy Britton
    www.geremy.co.uk

7. Likes Westozy liked this post
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Still in shock over the news, took me a while to get my head over this, Ian helped me tremendously in the early days and always sent me parts he didn't want, to help with my sim and draw up wiring diagrams for me. Just looking over the emails exchanged and knowledge gained from Ian, he made such an impact on me, the sim community and those inspired. Ian is a flight sim legend, a true legend, and the memories will never fade away. RIP Ian P Sissons.

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

9. Likes Westozy, Joe Lavery liked this post

I was having a break in my 737 project and decided to start again with new positive power.
    I surfed around in my old places and my heart almost stopped when I saw this first I thougt Ian published something about somebody else..I really had to read it 3 times.......
    Life is short but it is all about how you fill your life with experience and actions. One thing is for shore Ian put in a **** of o lot of positive things in my life. With a limited budget and planning my sim since 1989 Ian was the first on the planet with a totally new approach. You can do this...its easy I will tell you, I will help You.
    I dont know witch freqvency you are listening to but my message is. THANK YOU for being YOU....
    My thougts are with the family and it was an honor to record a song played at a familywedding not to long time ago. Your impression on me will never be forgotton.

Best regards
    Per-Erik Grönroos
    Finland.
    Www.pgsound.com/nfs

11. Likes Westozy liked this post

Hello All, Following the fundraising effort in memory of Ian Sissons, I, and Cancer Research UK would like to pass on our most sincere thanks to all who have donated from around the world. I know Ian assisted and inspired many of you, including me and my colleagues, so once again - Thank You.

Since the fundraising I have been in touch with Cancer Research UK, a well known registered charity striving to find cures for cancer. I had managed to secure a cheque presentation, to allow us to formalise the presentation of the amount raised to Cancer Research which would also serve as a photo opportunity to post on these forums to the many of you who have donated generously.

In the photo is myself, and Rachel - who is the charity fundraising manager at Cancer Research for our local region.

Best Regards

Attached Images Attached Images
    Geremy Britton
    www.geremy.co.uk

13. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post
    Likes No Longer Active, riche543 liked this post

Mycockpit.org Re: We have lost Ian Sissons!

Quote Originally Posted by Geremy Britton View Post
    Hello All, Following the fundraising effort in memory of Ian Sissons, I, and Cancer Research UK would like to pass on our most sincere thanks to all who have donated from around the world. I know Ian assisted and inspired many of you, including me and my colleagues, so once again - Thank You.

Since the fundraising I have been in touch with Cancer Research UK, a well known registered charity striving to find cures for cancer. I had managed to secure a cheque presentation, to allow us to formalise the presentation of the amount raised to Cancer Research which would also serve as a photo opportunity to post on these forums to the many of you who have donated generously.

In the photo is myself, and Rachel - who is the charity fundraising manager at Cancer Research for our local region.

Best Regards

This was a great thing.... Very good picture to... I miss You Ian...... witch freq. are You on ... miss you a lot...

Hello All,
    Just a note to say that today is the first year anniversary of Ian's passing. I trust you will all mark it appropriately with a fly over of Oswestry, UK.
    Geremy Britton
    www.geremy.co.uk

150+ Forum Groupie

Is it already a year?
    I can see the virtual skies over Oswestry will be very busy tonight...

Let's hope that Ian will be there to enjoy the flyby

Joe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12