Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Psxseecon freezing

I did reduce the amount of variables in another test didn't appear to crash. But maybe not run long enough.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Kiek,

i noticed something very different with psxseecon and other hardware. If sioc is connected, you cant virtually move the latching switch after the bang. All other non-psxseecon hardware you can. I think psxseecon is sending the event say switch on over and over again maybe why it overloads with all my sim variables. Maybe why it started when I got a new computer because the data must be at a faster rate. I think it's an aerowinx/psxseecon interrelationship. This is what hardy says after the bang you can't send the position of the switch over and over.

Cheers Blake

25+ Posting Member

Hi Kiek,

Think we have it. No freezes over the last few days.

I removed Var 1383 from the script. Which from memory was around the time it all started which I forgot I added until now.

Blake

25+ Posting Member

Didnt work

25+ Posting Member

Hi Kiek,

Done some more research today, the greater the number of variables running the sooner the crash. I think as my sim has taken more variables on over the last year the sooner the crashes from psxseecon start-up occur.

Seems like a good old memory leak. Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Blake

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Hi Blake,
    In order to be able to help you, I have a few questions for clarification:

Quote Originally Posted by blake747
    If you toggle the bleed air switch hardware a change can be seen in OC as my ON light is internal OC. e.g. logic switch on light on. But doesn't follow through to PSX. The link has been cut, with no obvious sign. Except when you move hardware nothing happens.
    In what direction do you think that there is no more traffic, from SIOC to PSX? or the other way around? If you move hardware at the SIOC end and you can see something in PSX, I would say that the link SIOC to PSX is okay, while in your previous sentence you say the opposite...

Quote Originally Posted by blake747 View Post
    Done some more troubleshooting appears if you decrease the ad frequency to 1 compared to the standard 10 in OC the psxseecon memory increase faster in the task bar. It's stable for 10-30 minutes then rapidly increases and does all the above. Obviously higher rate changes are sent from OC to psxseecon to aerowinx with ad freq 1.
    What exactly do you mean with the "ad frequency"? Can you show me a piece of SIOC code?

Regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 04-21-2016 at 04:23 PM.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Kiek,

I don't want to make any confusion. I now can not comfim anything at the moment other then the prpgram stop data exchange around 10-30minutes from load up. The program appears to still be connected but not sending data through to SIOC or PSXseecon. When the data stops flowing the memory keeps rising and rising.

I have attached a report with no obvious errors showing but you can see all the variables I have attached. I have tried everything with no obvious changes. Which leaves me to believe an internal leak. I have a programer friend he agrees without a debug I will never know as it's internal and I have no control of the internal working.

I did run a test with fewer variables on a difference computer without data exchange stopping. My guess my memory gets filled before other PSXseecon users as I have a larger amount of data flow because of the high number of variables.

Cheers,

Blake

Hi Blake,

A memory leak is highly unlikely. PSXseecon does not handle memory itself, everything is done automatically by the C++ runtime.

The number of variables you are using should also not be a problem. Every variable is instantiated at the start of the program, and so all memory that is needed has been allocated, and there should be no more need for more memory. I know of another user of PSXseecon in France who has even more variables that you have. He is running PSXseecon with no problems.

The cpu load of your program should be something like < 2%, so the power of your PC should also not be relevant. I run two versions of PSXseecon at a 2.2GHz PC that also runs the main PSX program.

I think that, for reasons yet unknown, your PSXseecon stops transferring data to PSX, and/or to SIOC, while SIOC and PSX still continue to pump data into PSXseecon. The internal buffers will therefore become bigger and bigger automatically, and that's why you then notice an increase in memory usage...

The question remains why does it stop, without a trace in the .log file? I assume you have checked the .log file.
    Some time ago you mentioned the error code for "would block". I'll put some more checks about that in version 2.0.7.

Note that you can always split up your SIOC code into two halves, for instance one file for the Overhead and one file for the rest, and use two instances of PSXseecon.

Regards,
    Nico

25+ Posting Member

Hi Kiek,

I uploaded a log on this page. There is no trace error during or after the data flow stop. Which I have checked many times. My upload was after the stoppage of data flow.

I will try 2 instances, not what I was hoping for I will whitelist the sim into 2 parts.

Many thanks,

Blake

Hi blake,
    You don't need the PSXseecon whitelist mechanism if you split your file up into groups that are not related. Like the Overhead and the rest. You can just use the SIOC vars.
    Nico

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast