10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing Mindstar G1000 and WideFS

Hi everyone, Not sure if this is in the right section so maybe one of the mods can move it into the right forum area. I recently purchased the Mindstar Aviation G1000 gauges and fully registered copy of FSUIPC. Ultimately my goal will be to try and use the G1000 software in my homebuilt G1000 cockpit using some Arduinos or Teensy for the knobs and buttons. But for now, I just want to get this software running through WideFS using a seperate PC. Has anyone successfully ran the G1000 software through WideFS? Thanks for reading! - L2F
    PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 1 TB SATA III + 120 GB SSD | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4 GB

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Mindstar G1000 and WideFS

I don´t have this software, but reading the manual, Mindstar G1000 is a gauge to add in any aircraft.
    You cannot run in separate PC.
    You can run in secondary monitor of the same PC running your Flight Simulator (2004, FSX, ESP or Prepar3D).
    Regards.
    Horacio.

10+ Posting Member

Thanks hyamesto. I'll probably use a solution similar to maxivista for now. I know it's just a gauge, but I misunderstood how wideFS worked which was my fault. Mindstar support was less than helpful but the software is still better than the default G1000. I'll definitely be using another solution when I start my panel build but this was a cheap way to get into a G1000 that I can use for my IFR training.
    PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 1 TB SATA III + 120 GB SSD | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4 GB

25+ Posting Member

Don't forget, the Mindstar SW is used in commercial training from flight schools. So it is perfect for IFR training. There is also the F! Tech G1000 SW, but for a much higher price.

Peter