Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Getting MCDU's to work with Jeehell

Tried to get MCDU's working today.
    I have two different ones, one is Open Cocpits with IOKeys card, second is FDS Plug and Play.

With the OC unit I used the SIOC creator in the Jeehell hardware section. Worked fine amd I have all functions in the MCDU working off the keys. The program has created a JeehellWare .ssi file:
    #Var 0001, name keyfo, Link USB_Keys and text file Var1, name keyfo, Link USB_Keys,Device 0
    Problem now is that all my other SIOC devices don't work as the Jeehell created .ssi has replaced mine.
    (I have backup of course).
    Can I just change the variable (0001 is already used) and add the line to the bottom of mine?

The FDS unit is not recognised in the hardware devices, probably it is too old. However the text keys all work OK but not the LSK's and function keys. With my previous AST software there was a "keyteacher" to sort this out but that won't work outside of AST. Is there an alternative keyteacher I can use?

Barry
    www.a320sim.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Getting MCDU's to work with Jeehell

Hello Barry,

A. SIOC
    You can proceed in two different ways.
    1. you mix the two scripts yourself, make the numbering yours. However you need to change the c:\A320FMGS\Hardware Modules\FMGSServer.iocp.ini file and point the line USBKeys to the right variable number.
    2. you use SIOC creator to mix the scripts. In the "General" tab, you can add several scripts coming from several files. You will just need to renumber the variable 0001 in your own script to another number not yet used. If you use named variables, it should not be too difficult.

Solution 1 is easy for one time change. however if you add opencockpit hardware at some point, you will need to do that every time you change the SIOCCreator generated script.
    Solution 2 means you need to renumber your scripts variables (take numbers in the 1000+ range) once, but then every changes in SIOC Creator is easily implemented.

B. MCDU
    I do not know how your MCDU works. If it is not shown in IIT Creator, this means it is not an interfaceIT module.
    I suppose it is in fact a "regular" USB keyboard disguised in an MCDU? so if you run Notepad even without any other software running you can type text?
    If so, if will take me some time to add support for that, but it is possible to do it (if it's ok for you to use the other MCDU meanwhile...). Easiest for me would be to know exactly which key is typed by each button (well at least the ones not working...).

Regards,
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Jean Luc

SIOC working fine now, I took Method 1 this time as I have a long SIOC script with many variables and it would take time and also leave room for errors. I have recorded your notes so I can revisit.
    The other MCDU made by FDS but early version is indeed a typewriter, I could have written this on it. This only applies to the alpha/numeric keys. I tried an online keytester but it did not tell me what the other keys transmit.
    I am not expecting you to write a routine just for me but I may not be the only user who may come across this. For a start I need pointing to a routine which will detect the keypresses, perhaps somebody out there can help? Surely also there is a little programme out there which will convert the keys I press into what I want to send. This is after all what the AST software had similar to your SIOC generator.
    A fallback is to rebuild the MCDU with IOcards but already have the FCU to rebuild - so much work!
    Thanks as always for your help, you are very tolerant of your "patients"!
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

I doubt the LSKs are hard to figure out. They probably are function keys (F1 to F12...). When using the MCDU, pressing does not change the pages? because in the softawre MCDU I use F1-F12 as the pages keys (FPLN, INIT, PERF,PROG etc).
    If you don't find an application which tells you which key is pressed, I'll write it quickly for you.

Regards
    JL

this website seems to give something
    http://unixpapa.com/js/testkey.html
    it will give you numeric values (keycode). I need the table of correspondance between key and keycode...

JL

Hello Jean-Luc,

i´am very happy to read your post. I´am using a MCDU with a USB-Keyboardcontroller and i having some Problems with the key-assignments. Most of the keys (Num, Alpha-, LSK) work fine, but i have some Problem with the assignment of the Pagekeys (DIR, PROG, PERF,...). Some of the keys have a wrong mapping (i fixed it via autohotkey). But i have Problems to find the keys for ATCComm and OVFY?!

May it be possible, that you insert a Section in the INI File for Map individual Keys with the MCDU-Function?

like ->
    [MCDU-Keys]
    LSKL1=0x70
    LSKL2=0x71
    DIR=0x7C
    PROG=0x7D

(Taking the keyValues from this list: http://www.kbdedit.com/manual/low_level_vk_list.html)

Thanks a lot for your excellent Work and have a nice Weekend!!

Best Regards
    Joerg

Hello Jean-Luc,

i´am very happy to read your post. I´am using a MCDU with a USB-Keyboardcontroller and i having some Problems with the key-assignments. Most of the keys (Num, Alpha-, LSK) work fine, but i have some Problem with the assignment of the Pagekeys (DIR, PROG, PERF,...). Some of the keys have a wrong mapping (i fixed it via autohotkey). But i have Problems to find the keys for ATCComm and OVFY?!

May it be possible, that you insert a Section in the INI File for Map individual Keys with the MCDU-Function?

like ->
    [MCDU-Keys]
    LSKL1=0x70
    LSKL2=0x71
    DIR=0x7C
    PROG=0x7D

(Taking the keyValues from this list: http://www.kbdedit.com/manual/low_level_vk_list.html)

Thanks a lot for your excellent Work and have a nice Sunday Evening!!

Best Regards
    Joerg

25+ Posting Member

Hyi Jean Luc!

I have a new FDS MCDU. In ITcreator I can assign the knobs, but they have a dual input (Press and release action), so a "1" is inserted in the MCDU as a "11".
    Unfortunately I can select the icon on startup ("seperate press/release action") of the ITcreator, but when selecting "CDU...", these click icons disappear and I can just push "assign action" or "delete action". No choice of "seperate press/release action" anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Michael

75+ Posting Member

Hello Jean-Luc,

first of all, thanks to your great Software!

Any news about the Problem with the old FDS MCDU USB-Keyboardcontroller?
    i use two of them in my Cockpit!

Regards

Peter

It's been a while already since the MCDU can use custom keyboard inputs. It is is detailed in the MCDU folder to easily assign keys...

JL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast