150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Rebuilding A320 FCU, help with display needed

I have been using an FDS A320 FCU for a few years with AST software. The USB interface card is made by CPFlight known as G2.
    This card is not supported by Jeehell, the AST software is not very good and I am thinking of rebuilding the unit.
    I know how to sort out encoders, pots and switches using Leo Bodnar cards and I can drive LEDS using either FDS output cards or Open Cockpits but I am not quite sure what is driving the display which has digits and also legends that light up. Perhaps this is just a series of 7 segment displays behind a mask with LEDS which I can do or perhaps it is a screen which I wouldn't know how to drive. Has anyone any tips on doing this please?
    Picture below is a later version but is much the same as mine.

Barry
    www.a320sim.com
    Last edited by Barrykensett; 02-08-2016 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Formatting

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Rebuilding A320 FCU, help with display needed

Hi Barry,

I have seen a more recent version of FDS FCU, and it were standard 7 segments digits. Not sure how they were wired exactly though.

Regards
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Rebuilding A320 FCU, help with display needed

I think I see how it is done. Yes 7 digit displays, I know how to wire those up, there is also a mask with the labels for small leds for status. The overall effect looks like a single LCD screen but it is not. I can reproduce it I think but I won't know how easy until I open the unit up, if it is all on one board it may be tricky. I am keeping the sim flying on the old software as long as possible while changing over the systems but will soon only have the FCU to fix.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com