25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

DH - Decision Height - FSX Slow to match Var456 value...

I finally got around to working on the Decision Height control and I see something odd - FSX (lekseecon?) seems to be very slow to match the DH value to the value stored in Var456.

I am running FSX using Lekseecon 10.6.3.

Have you, or anyone else out there seen a similar behavior?

I won't clutter the question with SIOC code (unless you want to see it), however, what I can tell you is that IOCPConsole does confirm that the Var456 is rapidly responding to my input commands, but the DH value (both in the ADI and the DH Display on the pedestal) are slow to respond - the display eventually settles on the correct value, but it takes awhile.

Furthermore, I can just use the Keyboard and press "D" to increment DH by 10 each press - but since your Var456 is leading, FSX will work to revert to Var456 value - and again, the FSX display of DH will slowly work its way back to match Var456 value.

This is just on my test 767 setup for now, and on this test machine, that is the Only SIOC code running.

Any thoughts/suggestion out there?

- Dave Snyder
    Waukesha, WI

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: DH - Decision Height - FSX Slow to match Var456 value...

Hij Dave,
    That's by design. Just wait a while.
    Nico

25+ Posting Member

Nico,

Thanks for the reply. Just curious question - Why the delayed response? It feels very out of sync with my input. Perhaps is works well with a encoder/acceleration pairing.

I have not run into another input (so far) in Lekseecon that had it's own delayed schedule for updating the var.

(Side question - Any chance you still have an old copy of your IOCPClient available? I would really like to start digging into writing my own IOCP clients.)

Thanks again.

- Dave Snyder

25+ Posting Member

All,

Some clarification. It seems this isn't a lekseecon delay, but instead the way that the Level-D responds to this value changing. I tried the following other methods to map DH inputs...
    1) Lekseecon - Var456 - DH - that prompted my original post
    2) Map the inputs as virtual joystick buttons in SIOC and then mapped those as KeySends in FSUIPC ("D" and "TAB+D")
    3) Mapped the inputs as virtual joystick buttons in SIOC and then used MouseMacros to the "+" and "-" part of the DH knob on the pedestal.

All end up having the same aggravating delay. So, it seems this is beyond our control to change.

Nice - thanks for the continued excellent support. I very much appreciate it.

- Dave Snyder

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Hi Dave,
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnyder View Post
    So, it seems this is beyond our control to change.
    That's indeed the problem. The Level-D SDK interface has only DH+ and DH- controls, no DH integer input (set) value. So lekseecon has to generate pulses and read back the value to see whether it has reached the wanted setting. That's why it responds slowly, but I can guarantee that it will always reach that wanted value (!). Just give it some time. And in flight there is no real hurry with this.

Nico
    P.S. And no, I do not have that IOCP client anymore, sorry.