Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Anyone using Link2FSMulti with P3D?

As are many who frequent this forum, I am heavily invested in Link2FSMulti for my FSX based Sim Pit.

With the release of Prepar3d V3 I am seriously considering making the leap. I have seen a handful of comments online that Link2FSMulti "should" work with P3D but nothing firm enough to give me confidence.

Is anyone on this forum using Link2FS Multi with P3D?

If so, what, if anything, would I need to do differently to make it work?

Thanks!
    Tom G.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Anyone using Link2FSMulti with P3D?

Yup, P3D v2.5 and P3D v3.0 confirmed working.
    I haven't installed the v3.1 update yet. I'm not expecting any adverse surprises.

~Fess
    I will only ever be, half the Geek that I wished I was.
    TheGeekForge.Com

3. Thanks Tom_G_2010 thanked for this post
    Likes Tom_G_2010 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Fess_ter View Post
    Yup, P3D v2.5 and P3D v3.0 confirmed working.
    I haven't installed the v3.1 update yet. I'm not expecting any adverse surprises.
    ~Fess
    Fess, THANKS!

Did you need to do anything different to use it with P3D or, did it work out of the box as is?

I had to put my move to P3D off a month for budget reasons but I'm hoping to make it happen in February. I'm excited for the change but equally if not more so nervous about any possible bugs or problems.

And, of course after the install I get to go through the Which add ons work with P3D drill. And, how much will the replacement add ons cost. I know a lot of them work in both but some of my ore expensive ones like my A2A aicraft don't appear to. I was out on their site and saw that they sell a different version for P3D.

Anyway, thanks for confirming that Link2FSMulti will work. That would have been a real show stopper if it hadn't.

Tom G.

PS: Seeing that you are in the US, have you heard about FlightSimCon 2016? It'll be held in Hartford CT this June and it's a great gathering of everyone and all things flight sim. I'll be there with my sim pit on display letting people fly it. If you have the time, it's well worth it.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

150+ Forum Groupie

Tom,

You will need to have the P3D SDK installed for the simconnect to work. Its a free download from the P3D site.

On the different versions of P3D.

Do NOT spend the extra crazy stupid money on the "Professional" version.

Get the "Academic" version.

What are the differences?
    From the Prepar3d web site:
    What are the differences between the Academic and Professional versions?
    The only technical differences in the software are that the Academic version has a different splash screen and a small watermark in the top-right corner of the main window. Please be aware that they have different EULAs and usage restrictions. Full details can be found on the License Comparison page.
    Its all about license usage.
    Now, A2A will sell you a C172 P3D professional version for your P3D professional license. It will have the exact same functionality as the Academic version, except it makes your wallet lighter. If you buy P3D professional, and an A2A academic license plane...I have read it will work, needs more research on the topic.

Bottom line, buy the Academic, save some money and have the same fun....
    Oh poop... when you move to P3D you are not allowed to have fun, per the EULA.

Can Prepar3D be used for entertainment?
    No, Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space. The EULAs explain that Prepar3D can be used for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment.

Read more here
    http://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

~Fess
    TheGeekForge.Com

150+ Forum Groupie

Tom,

Also, I am aware of FlightSimCon.
    A coworker and I had talked about making the trip sometime, but it won't be this year.

~Fess
    TheGeekForge.Com