25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Objects for Immersive Desigber PRO

Hello,

to plan the curved screen for my Mustang cockpit (shell) I ordered Immersive Designer Pro. Installed and defined my planned situation. Looks really good, as expected. There are a lot of options to define and to play arounde, but it is worth to buy it. The other 2 products will be ordered when the screen is finished.

One of the possibilities with tis Desiner to look for shadows of the shell. You can import a wealth of CAD formats, DXF would be ok for me. Unfortunately I do not own/use a 3D-CAD program. There are no objects delivered with Desiger Pro. Does anybody have some cockpit objects?

Is it an easy work to make such a Object? Only the outline of a cockpit is necessary. If possible could someone make such a DXF file for the Mustang cockpit section? I have the dimensions available (crosssections "reengineered" from drawings).

Here are my basic data:

screen radius is 170cm
    screen starts 30cm above floor and is 180cm high
    FOV is 200deg
    2 Optoma GT1800ST 225cm above floor
    distance to screen 212cm

Thats it for the moment. I will come back for help with the next steps for sure

Thanks,
    Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Objects for Immersive Desigber PRO

I made (well... edited) my fuselage drawing in Google Sketchup. It's free and gives you access to thousands of objects other people drew and uploaded to their server. I found a Cessna 172 that someone had already drawn to scale and then cut it down to the portion I had for my sim pit and imported it into Designer Pro.

I have a very low ceiling and tall fuselage so I have some serious challenges with shadows. The pic below is, of course, not a proper solution. I just moved all the projectors back to start over again because of some shadows from the wing stubs. But, it will serve to illustrate what you can do with something as basic as a free program like Google Sketchup. Actually, I think someone bought it from Google but you can still find it by searching for Google Sketchup.

Here's the drawing as it looks in sketchup:

Here's how it looks in Designer Pro:

And here's what the actual Sim looks like:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

25+ Posting Member

Re: Objects for Immersive Desigber PRO

Tom, thanks for your reply.
    I started now with SketchUp, but this will be a long way for me. Don't know if I will invest time in SU. I checked the shadows already on a drawing (was also time consuming). It should be no problem.

Thanks,
    Peter