Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

QNH at PSXseecon connection

Hi Nico,

I noticed something when running tests for my own add-on. When I connect PSXseecon during cruise at "STD" QNH setting, QNH comes back to amber and last plain QNH setting (1017 for example). It acts like if STD button was pushed at PSXseecon connection. It causes a stange reaction of PSX, which is after that, flying with an offset of about 30ft above cruise altitude.

When I run the test without PSXseecon, everything is working fine. When I connect PSXseecon, the offset comes back. Disconnecting PSXseecon doesn't remove the offset. I need to restart the SITU. I tried with PSXseecon 1.7.4, 1.6.1, 1.4.8, always the same.

Why does PSXseecon generates a "STD" buttons push at connection ? As they are pushbuttons, they should not be synchronized at PSXseecon connection. I think it is the cause of this strange offset.

Here is the SITU attached. Try CRUISE NO OFFSET SITU and connect PSXseecon and see what happens (Hardy confirmed the SITU itself was correct (I first though I did something wrong before to save the SITU). CRUISE OFFSET SITU was saved after PSXseecon connection, with the offset.

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Jean-philippe

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: QNH at PSXseecon connection

Hi Jean-philippe,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-philippe View Post
    Why does PSXseecon generates a "STD" buttons push at connection ? As they are pushbuttons, they should not be synchronized at PSXseecon connection. I think it is the cause of this strange offset.
    PSXseecon treats every pushbutton the same. If it receives a Var=0 or Var=1 message, (in his case for STD: 1025=0 or 1025=1 ) it will execute the function associated.

So for some reason, during start up of PSXseecon, SIOC sends the actual value of Var 1025. Why? I don't know.... Why does it (indeed) not sent the actual values of all the other push buttons in your Sim. Why an exception for the STD button?

Could you post your SIOC script for the STD button?

Regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 01-02-2016 at 02:09 PM.

75+ Posting Member

Here is my STD push buttons code attached.

Regards,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Jean-philippe

Hi Jean-philippe,

Version 1.8 is available for download:
    I have changed the implementation of PSXseecon's momentary control variables (‘M’) such that they will not respond to values that may be sent (wrongly) by SIOC during synchronization between SIOC and PSXseecon (when PSXseecon starts up).

Regards,
    Nico

75+ Posting Member

Hi Nico,

Looks like what was needed. Thank you very much. I think I'll be able to give it a try tomorrow or tuesday. Will report.

Best regards,
    Jean-philippe
    Regards,
    Jean-philippe

75+ Posting Member

Hello Nico,

I ran a new test with PSXseecon 1.8. First, the STD isn't removed anymore at PSXSeecon connection, it is a good thing. Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, I still notice the aircraft is deviating of about 20-30ft from cruise altitude right after connecting PSXseecon. Could you try again "CRZ NO OFFSET" SITU and report if you also see this curious drift ? I also have this phenomen with every SITU I tried.

Regards,
    Regards,
    Jean-philippe

75+ Posting Member

Hi Nico,

Did you try the SITU ? I still wonder what could lead to this offset, and what PSXseecon has to do with QNH.

After investigating, this is what I see :

- When flying inside focused weather zone by PSX, cruise altitude has a stable +/- 20/30ft offset. This is clearly linked with PSXseecon. When I try the same SITU within the same conditions with PSXseecon disconnected, altitude is OK. Right after connecting PSXseecon, cruise altitude starts to drift. The geo
    etric altitude from PiBaHeAlTas PSX variable remains stable, but the PFD indicated altitude is drifting +/- 20/30ft from selected cruise altitude.

- When flying outside PSX weather zones (planet default weather zone) with STD QNH setting, PFD indicated altitude is moving up and down around selected cruise altitude. It can move up to +/-
    500ft. It is linked with planet default QNH setting. If I change planet default QNH the indicated altitude jumps. In this case also, altitude from PiBaHeAlTas remains stable, and I see flight director moving in order to recover altitude but the autopilot doesn't follow. If aircraft is coming back inside focused weather zone, altitude comes back like before. For this second case, I am not sure it comes from PSXseecon. I still have to investigate at my add-on side.

Before to see with Hardy what could be wrong I would like to investigate with you. Let me know the conclusions of your investigations with the SITU I sent to you.

Regards,
    Regards,
    Jean-philippe

Hi Jean-philippe,
    Did you try the SITU ? I still wonder what could lead to this offset, and what PSXseecon has to do with QNH.
    Just tried CRZ No OFFSET.situ. PSX remains rock stable at 30.000 feet after PSXseecon has connected...

PSXseecon has not much to do with QNH. It can only push the STD button and rotate the bar knob. But if you are not doing that in your SIOC script, it will stay as it is.

Regards,
    Nico

75+ Posting Member

Hello Nico,

Quote Originally Posted by kiek View Post
    Just tried CRZ No OFFSET.situ. PSX remains rock stable at 30.000 feet after PSXseecon has connected...

PSXseecon has not much to do with QNH. It can only push the STD button and rotate the bar knob. But if you are not doing that in your SIOC script, it will stay as it is.
    Very strange... In my cockpit, right after connecting PSXseecon, the offset takes place. I tested add-ons one by one, including mine, and clearly identified PSXseecon. So, if you say nothing in your code could influence whole PSX aircraft altitude process (not only QNH, I think about some critical variables implemented within PSXseecon like Qi139, Qi240, Qi140,...), I can just conclude there is something wrong in my SIOC script. I will try to build a "dummy" script with some variables which has nothing to do with critical items, and run a new test.

Best regards,
    Jean-philippe
    Regards,
    Jean-philippe

Hi Jean-philippe,
    (not only QNH, I think about some critical variables implemented within PSXseecon like Qi139, Qi240, Qi140,...)
    Qi139 is not a control variable, is info only, same for Qi240
    Qi140 and Qi141 are momentary control variables, and were also made "deaf" during synchronisation, just like the STD variable.

rgrds,
    Nico

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast