10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Remapping a 2nd Keyboard

I'm trying to create a GPS on my dashboard on the cheap using an old 7" TV and a keypad. I'm waiting on a VGA card for the TV, so I don't know if that will work yet (I have an RCA to VGA converter, so I'm crossing my fingers.) While waiting for the video card, I'm concentrating on the keys.

I have a keypad that I want to remap to the GPS controls> Had had some luck with KeyTweak, but I don't like it because it remaps the keypad on my main keyboard. I want to remap the separate keypad as a unique device. I've done a lot of Google'ing on this subject and have hit a road block. So far this is what (I think) I know: I've installed HIDMacros, which allows me to uniquely identify each device individually (rather that thinking 2 keyboards as the same), I have been able to assign the keys to the FSX Events in the provided list. I've "compiled" and "saved." It is from this point that I'm stuck. HIDMacros is running when I launch FSX, the SimConnect says it's connected, but the key mapping is not showing up in FSX at all. I think I'm missing a step, but I can find it anywhere. I've looked at LuaMacros, the successor to HIDMacros, but it is script based and the documentation isn't at all good. Same goes for AutoHotKey, it just doesn't make sense to me in terms of the application I'm looking for. I know many simmers have done this, so I hope I'm asking the right people. Maybe I'm looking down the completely wrong path.

thanks very much!

10+ Posting Member

Re: Remapping a 2nd Keyboard

Update: I've found a great deal on a Mimo 7" touchscreen, so that's what I'm going to use for my GPS. But I'd still like to solve my SimConnect problem if anyone can help. thanks, Dave

10+ Posting Member

Re: Remapping a 2nd Keyboard

Does anyone know how to reconcile the conflict between the USB Mimo DirectLink and Nvidia drivers? It seems that when the Mimo is plugged in, I lose my second monitor. Also, the Nvidia Control panel doesn't open. If i unplug the Mimo, it works again.