Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Link2FS + FSUIPC, any example?

Good afternoon,

I'm working on a Baron 58 panel, and some features like alternator and magneto doesn't work well with the simconnect codes.

Someone has a example code using the FSUIPC offsets?

Thankou

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Link2FS + FSUIPC, any example?

I was hoping somebody else would jump into m_motas original thread.

First. Are you using an add-on Baron and any other third party add-ons? I played around with the default Baron earlier today.

Whoever set up the magneto switches at FS left a mess for others to clean up. Note the mouse will only move the switch one position at a time and not to the position under the mouse. There is nothing helpful about magnetos in the options drop down window. I was hoping that we could use Jim's Keys codes.

Left engine 'E2' moves the switch one position clockwise, remembers its sequence, then one position anticlockwise. 'E3' moves the switch two positions clockwise, remembers its sequence, then two positions anti clockwise. Upload 'E2' followed by 'E3' from the 'off' position, the magneto jumps one position clockwise followed by two positions clockwise putting the switch onto 'BOTH'. Upload 'E3' again and the switch returns to 'right'.

The default single engine aircraft magneto switch is a little better but the slow response suggests that the switch is a low priority.

Somebody else will have to help with FSUIPC offsets. My eyes always glaze over trying to follow the FSUIPC help-file format manuals. I have not done any programming in that format and was hoping to delay this as long as possible.

One web page lists the offsets as Engine1 magneto '0892' and Engine2 magneto '092A' also updating is listed as OK SimC/Int. I have copied Jim's Experts Help file onto a text file and will study the printout. By that time, hopefully, pointers to the solution will be posted.
    ---CYXD ----- TWR --- GND ------ Closed
    ILS-- NDB -- 119.1 -- 121.9 ---- 11/2013

Good morning,

I use the default Baron.

So, If i use the rotatory switch to start engines, each pulse will move the switch on game step-by-step?

I use a 5 position switch to start the engine.

I think "on/off" codes to magnetos would work well on this situation.

By FSUIPC offsets i can read data from FS on Link2fs, but still can't write data on this, how can i write?

An generic example:
    E#0FB5 = ?

Attached Images Attached Images

150+ Forum Groupie

Nice looking panel. You should be finished in no time unless somebody suggests that you solder a pcb behind the rotary switches with resistors separating the output contacts and run common 5v and gnd power to the switches and one output from each rotary switch to two analog inputs.

Spent a little more time looking at problem this morning and you are right about on/off codes. As you probably know, the FSUIPC 'Keys' settings are no help for the left and right magneto settings for they perform the same as Jim's 'E2' and 'E3' instructions.

Mags off, Mags on (both), and Mags on/start inputs do not toggle. We have three choices for these settings. We can use absolute inputs or start off with mags in off position and increment the switch with each movement or a combine the two if you want to maintain the realistic mags left and right.

After moving the switch, I will be comparing the FSUIPC extraction to the current position of the rotary switch and uploading increment or decrement instructions to FS until the two agree.

One Nano board should handle a simple dual engine airframe switch panel.
    ---CYXD ----- TWR --- GND ------ Closed
    ILS-- NDB -- 119.1 -- 121.9 ---- 11/2013

Thankou

I'll make a palliative solution on magnetos switch, by the moment.

But still needing a example of FSUIPC+Link2FS to set for example the "the true speed" on FS like the Kohlsmann constant.

Any recomandation?