150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Moving my sim to Jeehell

Having experimented with Jeehell some months ago I found that I need to do some hardware changes to my sim to fully transfer from AST to Jeehell, one of the main work areas is to replace the FDT input and output cards which are very good but no longer supported.
    I am trying to keep the sim operational right up to transfer day as I get a lot of visitors so careful planning is needed!
    I have moved all my encoders from FDT to Leo Bodnar cards, they now work fine across the network to FSUIPC.
    My axes for throttle, flaps and spoilers are currently not on the FS computer, I will put those onto a Bodnar card but I not sure if Jeehell can pick these up across the network, perhaps I should move these to the FS computer but that means I will have to set them up again in AST until I can move everything over.
    I am expecting that Jeehell will recognise FDS Sys cards for the overhead and the one I have just bought for the MIP and pedestal inputs and outputs. Also I am expecting that my FDS MCDU, my Open Cockpits MCDU and my other Open Cockpits input and display cards will be OK.
    My FDS FCU using the G2 interface card is an unknown at the moment, this was based on a CPFlight card until FDS moved to G3 card by Tekworx.
    Coming to specific questions:
    1. Is the "Expert Guide" available in English? I know enough French to see that it has a lot of information I will need which is not in the "Advanced User Setup" on the website?
    2. For my FBW I currently use FSCommunicator which is superb and can be tuned to get many of the A320 characteristics right. Unfortunately it is no longer sold and supported and I have had to tweak things to get it to work with P3D. I don't know how many of the parameters are in the Jeehell FBW, if it is not yet as comprehensive I wonder if I can still use FS Communicator with Jeehell, it is not installed on the FS computer and writes to FSUIPC across the network. The joysticks are therefore not on the FS computer?
    Any help from other users will be welcome; acting on guidance from a previous post I have ordered a new graphics card for the PFD and ND displays.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

Re: Moving my sim to Jeehell

Hi Barry,
    I've switched from AST (I was very very lucky to sell it yet because everybody wants Jeehell) to Jeehells FMGS suite in only two days and I'm extremely satisfied with this decision. I'm running only fds sys cards that are easily recognized by Jeehell and were simply configurated. I also have an old g2 fcu that I've modified by using an arduino mega board and new 7-segment display boards. Runs without any problems. The flight characteristics used in Jeehells suite are enough for me so I don't have any experiences with external FBW software. I guess you won't need them any more but that depends on your demands.
    The expert guide from Jeehell is also available in English language I guess. Didn't need it so far.
    In my system I have all potentiometer functions on three fds fc1 cards that are all connected to the FMGS server pc via an reliable usb hub (I recommend Exsys 7-port hub). MCDUs, switches and LEDs are connected to four clients via usb interface cards.
    Hope that brings some light to the dark

Regards

Bon

150+ Forum Groupie

Thank you for your helpful comments Bon.
    I have been thinking about modifying my FCU rather than buying a new one. The backlighting then would match the rest of the sim. I see the need to interface encoders, switches and LEDs. I would prefer to keep the LCD display as it has elements that would not be in 7 digit displays, did you find a way round that? I am not familiar with the Arduono cards and would probably use Open Cockpits mainly because I already use them so know how to do it. I will look into LCD driver hardware.
    Before doing that I will see if Jehell recognises the FCU but I suspect it will not work.
    I note you sold your AST, I think you must have been lucky as I cannot see why anyone would buy it. There is still some development going on but so slowly that at my advanced age it will not come good in my lifetime.
    Barry

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barrykensett View Post
    Having experimented with Jeehell some months ago I found that I need to do some hardware changes to my sim to fully transfer from AST to Jeehell, one of the main work areas is to replace the FDT input and output cards which are very good but no longer supported.
    I am trying to keep the sim operational right up to transfer day as I get a lot of visitors so careful planning is needed!
    I have moved all my encoders from FDT to Leo Bodnar cards, they now work fine across the network to FSUIPC.
    My axes for throttle, flaps and spoilers are currently not on the FS computer, I will put those onto a Bodnar card but I not sure if Jeehell can pick these up across the network, perhaps I should move these to the FS computer but that means I will have to set them up again in AST until I can move everything over.
    I am expecting that Jeehell will recognise FDS Sys cards for the overhead and the one I have just bought for the MIP and pedestal inputs and outputs. Also I am expecting that my FDS MCDU, my Open Cockpits MCDU and my other Open Cockpits input and display cards will be OK.
    My FDS FCU using the G2 interface card is an unknown at the moment, this was based on a CPFlight card until FDS moved to G3 card by Tekworx.
    Coming to specific questions:
    1. Is the "Expert Guide" available in English? I know enough French to see that it has a lot of information I will need which is not in the "Advanced User Setup" on the website?
    2. For my FBW I currently use FSCommunicator which is superb and can be tuned to get many of the A320 characteristics right. Unfortunately it is no longer sold and supported and I have had to tweak things to get it to work with P3D. I don't know how many of the parameters are in the Jeehell FBW, if it is not yet as comprehensive I wonder if I can still use FS Communicator with Jeehell, it is not installed on the FS computer and writes to FSUIPC across the network. The joysticks are therefore not on the FS computer?
    Any help from other users will be welcome; acting on guidance from a previous post I have ordered a new graphics card for the PFD and ND displays.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com
    hello Barry,

regarding fs comminactor and fbw from jeehell I can tell you that Jh has done a very good job. The fbw is fitted perfect to the a320 model and although I'm the programmer of FS communicator I can tell you to trash FSC and enjoy fbw from jeeheel .....

Robert

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by fisfro View Post
    hello Barry,

regarding fs comminactor and fbw from jeehell I can tell you that Jh has done a very good job. The fbw is fitted perfect to the a320 model and although I'm the programmer of FS communicator I can tell you to trash FSC and enjoy fbw from jeeheel .....

Robert
    Robert
    Good to hear from you after all these years. You did a good job but I will take your advice and move on.
    Barry