Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FDS-SYS 1X card with jeehell

Seems like the card is a pretty good deal, I was reading that it provides for 128 Switches and 256 LED Outputs, in the 128 switches are you able to connect rotary encoders? the three pin rotary encoders like you can connect with Leo Bodnar Cards like the BU0836X card?

Jose

150+ Forum Groupie

I have not managed to use encoders. I queried this with FDS who said that they don't provide facility for encoders as "it causes many problems" and they recommended Plug & Play units. I think this is a strange view as mine never caused me problems. The good old FDT cards coped with all this which is why I originally used them but unfortunately they are no longer made or supported which is why I have moved to Sys4 together with the Leo Bodnar switch input card for the encoders and the joystick card for the pots. This all works fine but the Interfaceit interface is not as comprehensive as the FDT for the MIP and Pedestal as it seems to be more orientated to 737 but with a bit more work it is OK. The Sys 1 for the overhead is much better.
    I am doing all this hardware work to enable me to move to Jeehell, I am led to believe that the native interfaces will be much more aligned to the Airbus.
    My final hardware problem will be the FCU which is made by FDS but with the early G2 card which does not seem to get picked up by Jeehell.
    Barry

150+ Forum Groupie

Further to my last, the card for encoders is the Bodnar BBI 32 Button Box Interface, can get much more on this than the joystick card.
    Barry

75+ Posting Member

One more question regarding this board, I was going through the the manual, and it explains how to wire the Leds to the output connections, but it has no mention of resistors, is there still a need for resistors to protect the LEDs?

Thanks

Jose

150+ Forum Groupie

No resistors required
    Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12