Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Outputs Newbie! Help!

Hey guys! In the past week i've learnt a lot about inputs and am completely ok when it comes to inputs. HOWEVER! I really really need help with outputs! Things like gear indicators!? Also when you click a button in the Aerosoft Airbus and it lights the orange 'fault' LED when something isn't on that should be etc. or external power showing green for Avail etc etc.

What board?! I've looked at ardiuno with link2fs but it doesnt have any Aerosoft Airbus specific 'commands'. What output board? How to program it?

Help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Outputs Newbie! Help!

Well this is where it gets tricky. You see, most output cards require you to use an "offset" to trigger the output. The problem is, not every variable has a corresponding FSUIPC offset. Luckily, FSUIPC allows you to write a variable to an empty Offset. If you look through the FSUIPC user manual, you can find these empty offsets and write Lua scripts to write the variables to them. As for finding the variables, there are a few ways.

1. Use Doug Dawson's XML Vars gauge and add it to the Airbus
    2. Use the LUA_Log_LVars script that comes with FSUIPC to dump a list of variables to a text file
    3. Open the XML code for the aircraft (Might not be applicable the the Aerosoft Airbus)