Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

NEW VIEW PROBLEMS

Hi everybody.

I have built 'new views' for my side window monitors but the views also contain part of the pilots seats - This is in 2d view and I would like unobstructed views if possible? I have been on line for help, but none available!

I have a fully built cockpit including pilots seats, and there is no need for the flight sim seats to appear in the window!

Any idea's?

Here's hoping.

Tony.

Re: NEW VIEW PROBLEMS

Which software are you running Fs9, FSX? In FSX it's possible to get rid of the VC completely with a simple exclusion // to the model.cfg file. I'm assuming that the 2D view is overlaid on the VC view and that's what your seeing?

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Which software are you running Fs9, FSX? In FSX it's possible to get rid of the VC completely with a simple exclusion // to the model.cfg file. I'm assuming that the 2D view is overlaid on the VC view and that's what your seeing?

Shawn
    Thanks Shawn.
    I am using FS9. I might be seeing 2d over vc but I am not sure? How can I prove this? I have selected "cockpit" as oppose to vc in the drop down menu and vc is not selected anywhere else. I never use vc and could do without it! Is there a way to sort this in .cfg. Not too technical, so would appreciate coding if available?

Thanks again.

Tony

I replied to this earlier and looks like I didn't bother to post the reply, it didn't show up at any rate. FS9 models have both the VC and external model in the same MDL file so getting rid of the VC isn't possible. There is a good chance that its a panel view though and that you should be able to get rid of. Check the panel folder for that aircraft and see if there is a bmp file that has that same view you are seeing, it should be all black accept for the seat that appears in your side view. If that's the case I will have to get to my flight computer to help you get rid of it without making a mess of the panel cfg. Its all quite simple cfg edits with notepad though.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I replied to this earlier and looks like I didn't bother to post the reply, it didn't show up at any rate. FS9 models have both the VC and external model in the same MDL file so getting rid of the VC isn't possible. There is a good chance that its a panel view though and that you should be able to get rid of. Check the panel folder for that aircraft and see if there is a bmp file that has that same view you are seeing, it should be all black accept for the seat that appears in your side view. If that's the case I will have to get to my flight computer to help you get rid of it without making a mess of the panel cfg. Its all quite simple cfg edits with notepad though.

Shawn
    Hi Shawn.

Thanks for your interest in my problem.
    The Twin Otter does not seem to have a side view bmp file, so I am looking at FS Panel Studio to see if I can build a window clear of obstruction that I might be able to use with the Otter? I think that this is a long shot, but FSPS is very versatile and I might get away with it - even if I use another aircraft's window view?
    Failing this, I am stuck with part of a digital pilot's seat in view - right next to the REAL pilots seat!!

Any help appreciated.

Tony UK

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Tony I think Fsps might do the trick actually.
    Regards
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Geremy Britton View Post
    Tony I think Fsps might do the trick actually.
    Regards
    Thanks Geremy, I am going to give it a go. If I succeed, I will post.

Tony.