10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Arduino - How to connect..

Ok, so I've just spent the last 48 hours trying, to get a reliable signal to my P3D.

I've tried LinkFS - and I can't get reliable results, using the multi radio program, I either get pauses in sending traffic, or it doesn't send at all, or it has a huge pause before doing anything.

NGConnect - Spent plenty of time trying to get this one to work, only to discover that it needed 1.0 Installed this, and get these errors when trying to upload -

In file included from Module_ENCODERS.cpp:3:0:
    Module_ENCODERS.h:3:18: fatal error: string: No such file or directory
    #include <string>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    Error compiling.

I can program stuff in Arduino when I've got examples, and have written plenty of code in Arduino - it's the interfacing to FSx that is killing me.

I would of thought there would of been a program where you send through the serial the offset, and value and it would send it to P3d without much modifying, obviously I'm wrong as there is nothing out there... that I've found that just works.

Obviously I'm not dissing the makers of the software, they're smarter than me, but would love to get something working.

I looked at Visual Basic - but yeah, that's progressed since I last used it, and now it's way too confusing for me, and Im not all that keen to learn a new language for this.

Help?

25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Arduino - How to connect..

Hi,

Looks like you need to try clean Arduino 1.0 installation to get firmware compiled and uploaded. string is a standard library, so, if it does not exists, it seems to be broken Arduino installation.
    Building 737NG cockpit and developing Arduino router software. My blog: http://737ng.info