Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Analog game port does not work

Good Day to Everyone,

I wanted to reactivate an an old computer with windows XP Prof. SP3 my analog CH Virual Pilot Yoke and my CH pedals.

I have installed into the computer (7-year old Lenovo mini-tower model a Creative Labs CT4750 PCI soundcard with (analog) gameport.

The physical installation is no problem and the driver-installation was going well in so far, as I had deactivated the on-board sound-system and can actually produce sound with the Creative card.

The game-port is recognizes, as the system is telling me and all drivers are installed (I still had an installation-disk from the old days...).
    However, when I connect my CH-devices, then they are not recognized at all. it is, as if they are electrically not present, although as soon as I had them plugged on (no hot plugging, computer was switched off while plugging) and the computer had booted, the device was even recognized as CH analog device.

What does not work, is, that wehn I try to calibrate them. The calibration-dot in the Windows game-port calibration-app does not move at all, neither for the yoke, nor for the throttle. Also, my two switches don´t work either.

Finally, I tried to install the CH-driver, but the program always cancels the installation for some reason, which is not specified and the driver obviously is not installed.

I am now at a loss of what to do.

Are there any hot tips for me?

For your guidance:

I plan to use the Looking Glass Flight Unlimited program and in case somebody still knows that, Simon Hradecky´s Airline Simulator AS2 (what a shame, that he never got AS3 finalized!...)

Hoping for your help,

Best regards,

ADHamburg

Re: Analog game port does not work

The game port has different modes that can be set in the BIOS.
    EPP and ECP. Did perhaps the wrong?

skino,

thanks a lot for your suggestion. I tried it, but the EPP/ECP setting had no influence on my calamity. '''''Thze setting in the BIOS was ECP, so that was definitely not working. After having changed that to EPP (yes, of course I did not only change the setting, but I also saved it in the BIOS...) the problem was not resolved.
    I read something up on ECP and EPP and understood, that this has to do with the serial- and parallel ports of the computer, mainly for coms and for the printer.
    In how far does that also work for the game port?

An afterthought: I also checked my Creative card. It does not have any jumpers, so that one might have a chance to change settings there...

Maybe someone else has an idea?

Greetings,

ADHamburg

Excuse me, I have confused. Had just discussed with a friend a Poblem with a motorized throttle on the parallel port. ECP has nothing to do with the game port.

Hallo skino,

thanks for your efforts. No sweat, could happen to any of us...

Best regards,

ADHamburg

P.S.: Anybody else out there, who might have an idea? I am desperate...