Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Add missing airports to Nav database?

A small update to the NZQN RNP Y 05/23 added the 3.2 GP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A320 Home Simulator LHA435
    - P3dv4.5 - i7 - GTX970 - Fly Elise - ASN - Black Marble

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Cheers bindook - rnp 23 Nav route does not look curve on the ND - is this just the way FMGS calculates (point to point)?
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Ben...I had a look at the rwy 05/ 25 approach then compared it to others and they all look the same...point to point. If you had a picture then I could see what it looks like.

Thanks
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by bindook View Post
    Hi Ben...I had a look at the rwy 05/ 25 approach then compared it to others and they all look the same...point to point. If you had a picture then I could see what it looks like.

Thanks
    Michael
    Hi Michael - I asked a Virgin pilot the other day what is the difference between an RNAV and RNP approach -- and performing a curve trajectory towards the airport was one of the answer.

I don't have a screenshot of an Airbus ND RNP approach, but here is one of a 737:

http://www.owenzupp.com/writing-blog/tag/RNP/

It probably has more to do with FMGS -- and perhaps a feature JL can implement down the line.

Cheers,

Ben
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

Checked YMML NZQN VHHX all are point to point

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Hi Michael - I asked a Virgin pilot the other day what is the difference between an RNAV and RNP approach -- and performing a curve trajectory towards the airport was one of the answer.

I don't have a screenshot of an Airbus ND RNP approach, but here is one of a 737:

http://www.owenzupp.com/writing-blog/tag/RNP/

It probably has more to do with FMGS -- and perhaps a feature JL can implement down the line.

Cheers,

Ben
    Your friends answer is a bit too simplistic. RNP approaches are more like CAT II/III versus CAT I. They need authorities approval and subsequent certificate for the company/operator to operate these.

The curved legs are RF legs. They are not necessarily part of RNP approaches though since the equipment rate on most aircraft is so low to fly RF legs, usually those legs are on RNP approaches...

And RF legs are already implemented in my soft.....

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Your friends answer is a bit too simplistic. RNP approaches are more like CAT II/III versus CAT I. They need authorities approval and subsequent certificate for the company/operator to operate these.

The curved legs are RF legs. They are not necessarily part of RNP approaches though since the equipment rate on most aircraft is so low to fly RF legs, usually those legs are on RNP approaches...

And RF legs are already implemented in my soft.....
    Not really a friend, but a random pilot I met on the train

Thanks for the answer. Bindook -- as JL has mentioned radius to fix legs are already implemented, perhaps it just requires some tweaking in the additional.txt file?

Cheers.

150+ Forum Groupie

Still looking in to it.......this has got me stumped how to implement

The procedure format. It uses ARINC standard references which I cannot disclose here (paying data). You may get some luck on the net...

SECSUB|ARPT identifier|ICAO code|route Identifier|route type|transition identifier|sequence nb|fix ID|fix ICAO code|fix SECSUB|WPT desc. code|turn direction|turn direction valid|RNP|Path Terminator|RCMND NAVAID|ICAO code RCD|SECSUB RCD|arc radius|theta|rho|OB mag course|distance/time|altitude desc|altitude1|altitude2|speed lim|spd lim desc|vert angle| ARC CTR|TRANS ALT/FL|MutlipleCode|CTRSECSUB|ContRecordNB| APCHqual1| APCHqual2|

Where:
    · ARPT identifier is the airport ICAO identifier associated to the procedure, up to 4 characters long. Blank characters are not coded. (ARINC field definition 5.6, SECSUB record columns 7 thru 10)
    · ICAO Code is a two characters code defining geographically where the airport is. (ARINC field definition 5.14, SECSUB record columns 11 thru 12)
    · route Identifier :
    · On SIDs/STARs, it is a string of up to six characters defining the name and validity indicator of the procedure. Blanks are not coded. (ARINC field definition 5.9, SECSUB record columns 14 thru 19)
    · On APPRs, it is a string of six characters defining the APPR. Blanks are coded as spaces. (ARINC field definition 5.10, SECSUB record columns 14 thru 19)
    · route type is a single character defining the type of procedure route. (ARINC field definition 5.7, SECSUB record column 20)
    · transition identifier is a string of up to 5 characters defining the transition identifier. Blanks are not coded. (ARINC field definition 5.11, SECSUB record columns 21 thru 25)
    · sequence nb is the integer position of the current leg in the procedure/transition sequence. Leading 0 characters are not coded. (ARINC field definition 5.12, SECSUB record columns 27 thru 29)
    · Fix ID is the fix identifier of the current leg. Up to 5 characters long. (ARINC field definition 5.13, SECSUB record columns 30 thru 34)
    · Fix ICAO Code is a two characters code defining geographically where the fix is. (ARINC field definition 5.14, SECSUB record columns 35 thru 36)
    · Fix SECSUB is the SECSUB of the fix used.
    · WPT desc. Code is the waypoint description code. It is a 4 characters long string where blanks are coded as spaces. (ARINC field definition 5.17, SECSUB record columns 40 thru 43)
    · Turn direction is a one character long string. (ARINC field definition 5.20, SECSUB record column 44)
    · Turn direction Valid is a one character long string. (ARINC field definition 5.22, SECSUB record column 50)
    · RNP is the required navigation performance on the leg as NM decimal floating point.The decimal point is coded. (ARINC field definition 5.211, SECSUB record columns 45 thru 47).
    · Path Terminator. (ARINC field definition 5.21, SECSUB record columns 48 thru 49)
    · RCMND NAVAID is the leg recommended navaid identifier. (ARINC field definition 5.23, SECSUB record columns 51 thru 54)
    · ICAO code RCD is the recommended navaid ICAO code. (ARINC field definition 5.14, SECSUB record columns 55 thru 56)
    · SECSUB RCD is the recommended navaid SECSUB.
    · arc radius in NM decimal floating point. The decimal point is coded. (ARINC field definition 5.204, SECSUB record columns 57 thru 62)
    · theta in degrees decimal floating point. The decimal point is coded. (ARINC field definition 5.24, SECSUB record columns 63 thru 66)
    · rho in NM decimal floating point. The decimal point is coded. (ARINC field definition 5.25, SECSUB record columns 67 thru 70)
    · OB mag course in degrees decimal floating point. The decimal point is coded. If true course is used, last character will be a “T” (ARINC field definition 5.24, SECSUB record columns 71 thru 74)
    · distance/time is the route or holding distance/time. (ARINC field definition 5.27, SECSUB record columns 75 thru 78 )
    · If a distance is entered, it is expressed in NM decimal floating point, decimal point being coded.
    · If a time is entered, it is expressed in minutes decimal floating point. The first character is then a “T”.

· altitude desc is the altitude description. It is one character long. (ARINC field definition 5.29, SECSUB record column 83)
    · altitude1 in feet AMSL or in Flight Level. In case of FL coding, the actual FL is preceded by the letter “F”, i.e. “F100” is “flight level 100”. (ARINC field definition 5.30, SECSUB record columns 85 thru 89)
    · altitude2 in feet AMSL or in Flight Level. In case of FL coding, the actual FL is preceded by the letter “F”, i.e. “F100” is “flight level 100”. (ARINC field definition 5.30, SECSUB record columns 90 thru 94)
    · speed lim is the speed limit on the leg, in knots. (ARINC field definition 5.72, SECSUB record columns 100 thru 102)
    · spd lim desc is the speed limit description, one character long. (ARINC field definition 5.261, SECSUB record column 118 )
    · vert angle is the vertical flight path angle from the fix, in degrees decimal floating point. The decimal point is coded. (ARINC field definition 5.70, SECSUB record columns 103 thru 106)
    · ARC CTR is the identifier of the terminal fix which acts as the RF center fix. May be blank. (ARINC field definition 5.144 or 5.271, SECSUB record columns 107 thru 111)
    · TRANS ALT/FL is the altitude above which the altimeter setting is set to STD. In feet AMSL. (ARINC field definition 5.53, SECSUB record columns 95 thru 99)

There are a few procedures in the navdata with RF legs. Here is one leg I found:
    PE|VNKT|VN|DARM1R|5|RW02|040|RATAN|VN|PC|EE H|R|||RF||| |6.0||||15.7|+|10500|0|250|-||KTC09||

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    The procedure format. It uses ARINC standard references which I cannot disclose here (paying data). You may get some luck on the net...
    Thank you for the help Jean Luc -- language looks foreign to me but perhaps not to bindook who can hopefully interface the RNP procedure.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast