Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Opencockpits Mastercard

Have just started on my cockpit and have mastered the Bodnar board and ifly2fsuipc. All connected switches to my Ifly737 are working OK. Have just bought an Opencockpits USB expansion and master cards so that I can connect my LEDs and further switches but cannot get them configured. SIOC recognises the cards but shows all inputs as on, even when no switches are connected. Also occasional outputs flicker on and off. There is also a LED on the usb expansion card which lights randomly. The 5v supply is also a bit of a mystery to me. I get a 5v meter reading across the two pins on both boards. What has to be done to power the LEDs?
    I find the Opencockpits manuals and support very confusing although I am beginning to understand SIOC programming. Can someone please start me off so that I can get the cards working.
    Richard Halton

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Opencockpits Mastercard

Hi
    have you connected a separate 5v supply to the Master card?(USB expansion doesn't require it) It must have this to function correctly.

regards
    geoff

Quote Originally Posted by rhalton View Post
    Have just started on my cockpit and have mastered the Bodnar board and ifly2fsuipc. All connected switches to my Ifly737 are working OK. Have just bought an Opencockpits USB expansion and master cards so that I can connect my LEDs and further switches but cannot get them configured. SIOC recognises the cards but shows all inputs as on, even when no switches are connected. Also occasional outputs flicker on and off. There is also a LED on the usb expansion card which lights randomly. The 5v supply is also a bit of a mystery to me. I get a 5v meter reading across the two pins on both boards. What has to be done to power the LEDs?
    I find the Opencockpits manuals and support very confusing although I am beginning to understand SIOC programming. Can someone please start me off so that I can get the cards working.
    Richard Halton

Hi Geoff,
    Have not done that. Will try it tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Geoff,
    Have connected 5v to card. Also should have checked the obvious. Did not have my master connected to j2 on the usb expansion. Everything works OK now. Have a switch and an LED connected.
    Thanks for the advice,

Richard