10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

737 Rudder Pedals from Simujabs

I got to installing my rudder pedals from Simujabs to compliment their column yoke. If you have a JetMax, you may have to do a little custom work to get them to fit correctly. I wrote it all up in another article on the site. Anyone else have any fitment issues with them?

http://www.my737ng.com/hardware/simu...rudder-pedals/

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: 737 Rudder Pedals from Simujabs

Quote Originally Posted by marvelphx View Post
    I got to installing my rudder pedals from Simujabs to compliment their column yoke. If you have a JetMax, you may have to do a little custom work to get them to fit correctly. I wrote it all up in another article on the site. Anyone else have any fitment issues with them?

http://www.my737ng.com/hardware/simu...rudder-pedals/
    Great link! I read the whole thing. Now that you have had them for a bit and got to do a few flights how do you like them? I am contemplating getting those myself.

Is the Yaw and Brake axis's dampened by gas shock or spring? Are you happy with the force required to move all inputs, is the range of motion nice or would you like more / less?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Angelo Cosma

10+ Posting Member

First off, these things pretty much require you have a mounted seat that won't move. The toe brakes are smooth and use gas dampers, but require some force to operate, so a un-mounted seat will cause you trouble. Personally, I would be OK with little less resistance to them, but its not a deal breaker.

The rudder axis is very manageable and use springs. There is some binding at the extremes, but you seldom have to move them that far in typical use.

I have had no issues with the yoke or pedals so far, and they are indeed well made.

My chair is mounted, I have the PFC Column Yoke currently with their Jet rudder pedals. I am not happy with the angle of the pedals when the brakes are released as they are nearly perpendicular to the ground and makes for some very awkward foot placement.

I am looking to eventually upgrade, the binding issue you describe kind of scares me, for nearly $1000 USD there should be no problems. However the pedals do look great and they seem like they would have way more travel then the PFC ones.

My whole setup sits on a piece of plywood that I could secure everything to so I am not worried about things sliding around.

10+ Posting Member

I should clarify my definition of binding here, I mean that you can feel the springs at the extreme edges of movement. However, the pedals move without issue and the pot measures the full travel.

Now, the toe brakes do sit at the correct angle in the neutral position, but take a bit of effort to get moving.

Thanks marevlphx! Would you mind giving this thread a read and adding your comment reference PFC rudder, and yoke. Thanks so much and I love your reviews by the way.

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/commu...p?topic=5293.0