Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Flight Illusion - what's going on?

Folks,

Wondering if any of you are running into similar problems with Flight Illusions. I ordered a couple of gauges earlier this year and it took about 3 times longer than advertised to receive them. Not unusual - I've ordered parts from them in the past!

The GSA-RMI-B is superb. It works beautifully and I couldn't be happier. The GSA-125 (combined altimeter and airspeed indicator) also looks stunning but refuses to function as advertised. Repeated emails to Flight Illusion have been ignored.

I have 2 questions:
    1. Anyone here managed to get the GSA-125 to work? If so, could you send me some tips?
    2. What is going on at Flight Illusion? Anyone else having similar problems?

By contrast I recently took delivery of the CPFlight forward and aft overhead. The units arrived on schedule, as advertised, work perfectly and are truly plug and play! But, I digress..

Thanks,

B

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Flight Illusion - what's going on?

Update - Mark from Flight Illusions contacted me today. He is travelling abroad and will work with me on resolution. Will advise on progress.

i007857,

So what was the end result of your issue with the combined altimeter and airspeed indicator (GSA-125)? Would you happen to have their Force Feed back yoke as well? I have been looking at, but haven't pulled the trigger on the purchase yet.

500+ This must be a daytime job

yac.3ree,
    Have a look here, bit more expensive but much smoother. Flight illusion uses chains and my impression was
    a clunky rough feel.
    Remember if you want quality you have to pay for it.

http://www.beh.ch/CLS-Economy-Yoke.200.0.html?&L=4
    They use Brushless motors and I can vouch for yokes that use them. I am not a purchaser of any
    of these yokes but own a brushless FFb yoke and its as smooth as a babies bum.
    Here is a link to a comparison of another FFB(Irisdynamics) and the above yoke.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWr3eoPuSqM

If you are into DIY then look here. I have one of these and it is simply wonderful.
    http://bffsimulation.com/FFB-yoke-1.php
    Hope this helps

Regards
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by iwik View Post
    yac.3ree,
    Have a look here, bit more expensive but much smoother. Flight illusion uses chains and my impression was
    a clunky rough feel.
    Remember if you want quality you have to pay for it.

http://www.beh.ch/CLS-Economy-Yoke.200.0.html?&L=4
    They use Brushless motors and I can vouch for yokes that use them. I am not a purchaser of any
    of these yokes but own a brushless FFb yoke and its as smooth as a babies bum.
    Here is a link to a comparison of another FFB(Irisdynamics) and the above yoke.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWr3eoPuSqM

If you are into DIY then look here. I have one of these and it is simply wonderful.
    http://bffsimulation.com/FFB-yoke-1.php
    Hope this helps

Regards
    Les
    Thanks for the response, I have reached out to Mr. Stefan Brunner about his CLSE yoke, I am impressed with what I have seen, but there is very little information in terms of first hand experiences with any of the the FFB devices I have researched, other than a couple guys posting on youtube. This is my first flight sim I am putting together so there won't be any DIY project at the moment..lol. I have no reservations in purchasing a quality yoke, where I am most concerned with is if I can receive support if needed and updates to facilitate my sim-flying experience. My intentions are to re-master basic flight maneuvers and expand my IFR procedures and I think a FFb can enhance the immersion and training environment. From the few contacts I have made, Brunner CLSE FFB yoke is proving to be the superior product and is getting quite the reputation for his quick response to customer inquiries or concerns. A good example of this is when he (Mr. Brunner) emailed me back on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Keep in mind this is from an extremely small sample size, but I got to work with what I have at the moment and every impression matters in this particular case.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re feedback on these FFB yokes, I have not seen much as most simmers find the price to high and would prefer to
    spend it on cockpit hardware. So companies making these are going to be small. Updates may be few and far between and company could drop out of existence. That's the gamble one has to take.
    If I was purchasing one it would be the Brunner and by the look for the software it has many adjustable parameters.
    Maybe you could ask Mr Brunner if any flying schools have bought his yoke and you could contact them.

Regards
    Les