75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

configuring steam gauges problem

I have hit a wall with my sim, I can't seem to figure out how to write the commands to drive the servos in my gauges. Honesly, I have struggle with the basic stuff of configuring switches and so on. because I have all the gauges I need it is hard to give up on them. I am tempted to use something like simkits usb gauges but it is so expensive. Can any of you direct me to a method that might make the job easier for me or is this something best left up to a person more skilled in writing commands (that's not me!) Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
    glenn

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: configuring steam gauges problem

What do you need programing?
    What IOcards do you have?
    What kind of cockpit?
    Are you using SIOC with IOCP Server or with FSUIPC?
    Give me some information, and maybe i can help you.
    Regards.
    Horacio.

75+ Posting Member

Re: configuring steam gauges problem

Horacio,
    Thank for the reply. First all, I stopped working on this project out of frustration about a year ago. Starting back now I feel like I have to start all over with understanding Sioc, iocp, and Fsuipc Which I never really felt good about before. I am using the IO master, usb expansion, inputs, outputs, servo, stepper, and axis cards. I had successfully set up several switches, starter, mag, main power,throttle, mixture, etc. But when I went to try to write a command for the gauge servos I got really confused and quit for a long time. NOw I am back and determined to make this work. I Have a GA panel complete with all its gauges. I am converting an old GAT-1 simulator. so I think step one I I have to relearn how to sioc and then proceed from there.
    glenn